Dr. Khurana is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office13160 Mindanao Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Phone(310) 437-7925
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Sanjay Khurana is an orthopedic surgeon in Marina Del Rey, CA and is affiliated with Providence Saint John's Health Center. He received his medical degree from Stanford University School of Medicine and has been in practice 20 years. He specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and is experienced in minimally invasive spine surgery, discectomy, spine surgery, spine traumatology, and spine deformity surgery.
Education & Training
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemFellowship, Orthopaedic Surgery Of The Spine, 2002 - 2003
- Stanford Health CareResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1997 - 2002
- Stanford Health CareInternship, Transitional Year, 1997 - 1998
- Stanford University School of MedicineClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 1998 - 2023
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors, 2016-2018
- Superdoctors Orthopedic Spine Surgery LA Magazine, 2012-2018
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 10 citationsAntifungal penetration into normal rabbit nucleus pulposus.Jason M. Conaughty, Sanjay Khurana, Kresimir Banovac, Octavio V. Martinez, Frank J. Eismont> ;Spine. 2004 Jul 15
- 192 citations2000 Volvo Award winner in clinical studies: Lumbar high-intensity zone and discography in subjects without low back problems.Eugene J. Carragee, Steve J. Paragioudakis, Sanjay Khurana> ;Spine. 2000 Dec 1
- 176 citationsThe rates of false-positive lumbar discography in select patients without low back symptoms.Eugene J. Carragee, Cary M. Tanner, Sanjay Khurana, Chris Hayward, John P. Welsh, Elaine S. Date, Thao Truong, Michael Rossi, Chad Hagle> ;Spine. 2000 Jun 1
- Dr. Sanjay Khurana on Spine Surgery Safety for Older Patients — 4 Things to KnowJanuary 11th, 2016
- Dr. Sanjay K Khurana on New Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Technique: 5 Notes FeaturedFebruary 13th, 2016
- Dr. Sanjay Khurana Comments on New Traumatic Spine Injury Screw — 5 HighlightsOctober 27th, 2015
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: