Book an appointment with Dr. Sara WallaceUChicago Medicine
Overview of Dr. Wallace
Sara Wallace, MD, is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in joint care. Dr. Wallace treats a wide range of common and complex hip and knee conditions, performing surgical procedures, such as minimally invasive knee and hip replacements, to restore mobility and reduce joint pain.
Dr. Wallace also has experience managing many causes of arthritis, including osteonecrosis (AVN), post-traumatic arthritis and hip dysplasia. She can help patients who have damaged, painful joints to improve their quality of life.
In addition to providing comprehensive joint care, Dr. Wallace is an active researcher committed to investigating the newest treatments and surgical techniques for patients with joint pain and arthritis.
OfficeUniversity of Chicago Medical Center
5841 S. MARYLAND, M/C 3079
Chicago, IL 60637Fax+1 773-702-4765
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Rush University Medical CenterFellowship, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedics, 2017 - 2018
- University of WashingtonResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2012 - 2017
- University of Illinois College of MedicineClass of 2012
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2017 - 2023
- WA State Medical License 2012 - 2018
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Concurrent Hardware Removal is Associated With Increased Odds of Infection Following Conversion Total Knee Arthroplasty.Hayden P Baker, Henry Seidel, Lohith Vatti, Douglas Weaver, Sara S Wallace, Bryan L Scott> ;The Journal of Arthroplasty. 2023 Apr 1
- Are Oblique Views Necessary? A Review of the Clinical Value of Oblique Knee Radiographs in the Acute Setting.Alexander T Bradley, Jeremy A Adler, Daniel M Curtis, Darlington Nwaudo, Matthew J Gayed, Sara J Wallace, Aravind Athiviraham> ;The Western Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2022 Oct 24
- 8 citationsDo We Need to Wait 3 Months After Corticosteroid Injections to Reduce the Risk of Infection After Total Knee ArthroplastySarah Bhattacharjee, Sara Wallace, Hue H. Luu, Lewis L. Shi, Michael J. Lee, Antonia F Chen> ;The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2021 Jul 15
- Join now to see all
- Preserving Joint HealthFebruary 20th, 2021
- Ups and Downs of Standing DesksFebruary 20th, 2021
- Osteoarthritis and Joint Replacement Surgery: Expert Q&AFebruary 20th, 2021
- Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic SocietyMember
- University of Chicago Medical CenterChicago, Illinois
- UChicago Homepagehttps://www.uchicagomedicine.org/find-a-physician/physician/sara-wallace
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: