Dr. Joseph is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3940 John R Rd
Troy, MI 48083Phone+1 947-217-3223
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Shannon S. Joseph is an ASOPRS fellowship-trained oculofacial plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery exclusively of the eyes and face.
Dr. Joseph received her Doctor of Medicine degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society. After completing her ophthalmology residency also at the Wilmer Eye Institute at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Dr. Joseph then underwent fellowship training in Oculofacial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Michigan.
After serving as an Assistant Professor at the Johns Hopkins Hospital Wilmer Eye Institute, Dr. Joseph was promoted to Associate Professor at the University of Michigan Kellogg Eye Center. While on faculty at the University of Michigan, Dr. Joseph served as the Medical Director of the Kellogg Eye Center Ambulatory Surgery Center and the Medical Director of the Division of Oculofacial Plastic Surgery. She also founded and co-directed the Michigan Medicine Multidisciplinary Facial Nerve Clinic at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Joseph's surgical expertise include upper blepharoplasty (upper eyelid lift), lower blepharoplasty, Asian eyelid surgery, eyebrow and forehead lift (including minimally invasive endoscopic techniques), autologous fat transfer, eyelid reconstruction, Mohs/skin cancer reconstruction, orbital surgery, and tear duct surgery (including minimally invasive endoscopic techniques). Dr. Joseph also specializes in non-surgical facial rejuvenation with neurotoxin and facial filler injections.
Dr. Joseph is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Education & Training
- Michigan MedicinePost-Doctoral Fellowship, ASOPRS-Accredited Oculoplastic Surgery Fellowship, 2014 - 2016
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Ophthalmology, 2011 - 2014
- Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineClass of 2010
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2014 - 2024
- MD State Medical License 2016 - 2018
- PA State Medical License 2013 - 2014
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Stephen J Ryan Award Wilmer Eye Institute, 2010
- Alpha Omega Alpha Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2010
- Phi Beta Kappa Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2010
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsExpert Consensus on the Use of Teprotumumab for the Management of Thyroid Eye Disease Using a Modified-Delphi Approach.Raymond S Douglas, Andrea L Kossler, Jody Abrams, Cesar A Briceño, David Gay, Andrew Harrison, Michael Lee, John Nguyen, Shannon S Joseph, Dianne Schlachter, Jeremy Ta...> ;Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology. 2022 Sep 1
- Progressively Worsening Unilateral Ptosis in a Woman in Her 60s.Jane S Kim, Jonathan D Trobe, Shannon S Joseph> ;JAMA Ophthalmology. 2022 Jun 1
- 1 citationsEndoscopic Technique for Sural Nerve Graft Harvest with Novel Device.Andrew W Joseph, Karthik Nagappan, Shannon S Joseph> ;Facial Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine. 2022 Jan 18
- Join now to see all
- Pre-residency characteristics associated with post-residency academic productivity in a cohort of ophthalmology residents at an academic institutionShan SJ, Wang JX, Gower EW, Miller NR, J Acad Ophthal, 1/1/2012
- Evaluation of patients with facial paralysis and ocular sequelae: a 20-year retrospective reviewJoseph SS, Smith JI, Joseph AW, Niziol L, Musch D, Nelson C, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), Chicago, IL, 1/1/2016
- The prevalence and surgeon's diagnostic accuracy of body dysmorphic disorder in facial plastic and oculoplastic surgery clinics: a multicenter prospective studyJoseph AW, Ishii L, Joseph SS, Byrne P, Boahene K, Papel I, Kontis T, Douglas RS, Nelson C, Su P, Batter K, Ishii M., AAFPRS, Chicago, IL, 1/1/2016
- TSH-mediated TNFa production in human fibrocytes is inhibited by Teprotumumab, an IGF-1R antagonistShan SJ, Chen H, Mester T, Wei Y-H, Douglas RS, ARVO, Denver, CO, 1/1/2015
- Join now to see all
- Member 2004-2006
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: