Are you Dr. Spencer?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 82 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office400 20th St
Birmingham, AL 35233Phone(205) 975-2347
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Sharon Spencer, MD is a radiation oncologist in Birmingham, Alabama. She is currently licensed to practice medicine in Alabama. She is affiliated with Children's of Alabama, Cooper Green Hospital, and Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama HospitalResidency, Radiation Oncology, 1983 - 1988
- University of Alabama School of MedicineClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1984 - 2022
- American Board of Radiology Radiation Oncology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
- America's Top Doctors for Cancer Castle Connolly, 2005
- Safety Study of ²¹²Pb-TCMC-Trastuzumab Radio Immunotherapy Start of enrollment: 2011 Jul 01Ruby F Meredith, M.D., Ph.D.
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy and Paclitaxel With or Without Pazopanib Hydrochloride in Treating Patients With Anaplastic Thyroid Cancer Start of enrollment: 2010 Oct 28Eric J Sherman
- Dose Escalation/De-escalation Study of Pre-operative Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Brain Metastases(RAD 1002) Start of enrollment: 2010 Oct 01John B. Fiveash, MD
- Radiation Therapy With or Without Cetuximab in Treating Patients Who Have Undergone Surgery for Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer Start of enrollment: 2009 Nov 01Mitchell Machtay, MD
- Radiosensitization With Celecoxib and Chemoradiation for Head and Neck Cancer Start of enrollment: 2002 Sep 01Sharon Spencer, M.D.
- Radiation Therapy in Treating Patients With Metastases to the Lymph Nodes in the Neck From an Unknown Primary Tumor Start of enrollment: 2002 Jul 01Cai Grau, MD;Esat M. Ozsahin, MD, PhD;Samy El-Sayed, MD, FFR, FRCR, FRCP;Sharon A. Spencer, MD;Vincent G. Gregoire, MD, PhD
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsA Phase 1b trial of prexasertib in combination with chemoradiation in patients with locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.Eddy S. Yang, Eric Deutsch, Altan Mehmet, Jérôme Fayette, Yungan Tao, Lisle Nabell, Sharon A. Spencer, Xuejing A. Wang, Elizabeth A. Spoljoric, Wei Zhang, Scott M. Hyn...> ;Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2021 Feb 9
- 1 citationsPredictors of In-Hospital Death in Patients with Lung Cancer Admitted for Acute Radiation Pneumonitis: A Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Analysis.R. Spencer Kirkland, Adam J. Kole, Hitesh Batra, D. Hunter Boggs, Sharon A. Spencer, M. Chris Dobelbower, Christopher D. Willey, Joseph T. Thachuthara-George, Benjamin...> ;Clinical Lung Cancer. 2021 Feb 3
- 1 citationsLipid microsphere bound oxycodone for pain management in patients receiving radiotherapy for head and neck cancer.Andrew M. McDonald, Sharon A. Spencer, Christopher D. Willey, James A. Bonner, Michael C. Dobelbower, Thomas A. Swain, Lisle Nabell, Susan McCammon, William R. Carroll...> ;Supportive Care in Cancer. 2021 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- Scientist Who Grew from Fairfield Plants Seeds, Aspires to Nurture Others Beyond STEMMay 31st, 2017
- CT, MRI Determined Her Tumor Was Benign—but Surgery Revealed OtherwiseJune 20th, 2018
- Birmingham Veterans Affairs Medical CenterBirmingham, Alabama
- Children's of AlabamaBirmingham, Alabama
- Cooper Green HospitalBirmingham, Alabama
- University of Alabama HospitalBirmingham, Alabama
- Riverview Regional Medical CenterGadsden, Alabama
- Central Alabama Veterans Health Care SystemMontgomery, Alabama
- RMC AnnistonAnniston, Alabama