Dr. Halachmi is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1828 L St NW
Washington, DC 20036Phone(202) 822-9591
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Halachmi completed her undergraduate education at MIT, majoring in chemical engineering and biology. She then attended Harvard Medical School, were she completed MD and PhD studies.
Her thesis and publications on gene regulation by steroid receptors, in addition to her exposure to lasers in dermatology, led her to pursue a career in dermatology, with residency training at the combined Boston University / Tufts University Dermatology Program.
Since completing her training in 2001, she has lived both in the US and abroad, practicing dermatology with an area of interest in laser dermatology. She has also served as a consultant and clinical investigator and trainer for many of the leading laser manufacturers. Dr. Halachmi joined our practice in 2018, relocating from her position at Harvard University to be near family.
Education & Training
- Boston University Medical CenterResidency, Dermatology, 1998 - 2001
- Harvard Medical SchoolClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- MD State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- DC State Medical License 2012 - 2022
- MA State Medical License 1999 - 2023
- American Board of Dermatology Dermatology
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsEfficacy of pulsed dye laser treatment for common warts is not influenced by the causative HPV type: a prospective study.Yoseph Fichman, Assi Levi, Emmilia Hodak, Shlomit Halachmi, Sigal Mazor, Dana G. Wolf, Orit Caplan, Moshe Lapidoth> ;Lasers in Medical Science. 2018 May 1
- 3 citationsCombined pulsed dye and CO2 lasers in the treatment of angiolymphoid hyperplasia with eosinophiliaLior Sagi, Shlomit Halachmi, Assi Levi, Dan Ben Amitai, Claes D. Enk, Moshe Lapidoth> ;Lasers in Medical Science. 2016 May 16
- 6 citationsMelasma and laser treatment: an evidenced-based analysis.Shlomit Halachmi, Merete Haedersdal, Moshe Lapidoth> ;Lasers in Medical Science. 2014 Mar 1
- Join now to see all
- Changing Climate Could Cause Increase in Skin CancerApril 23rd, 2019
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: