Overview of Dr. Summers
I am a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in minimally invasive, complex, and revision hip and knee replacements. I have a particular interest in anterior hip replacement, hip resurfacing, robotic-assisted or computer-navigated surgeries, and revision hip and knee replacements.
Office1611 Nw 12th Ave
Miami, FL 33136
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Washington University/B-JH/SLCH ConsortiumFellowship, Joint Preservation, Resurfacing and Replacement, 2021 - 2022
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2016 - 2021
- University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of MedicineClass of 2016
- Vanderbilt UniversityBA, Spanish and Pre-medicine, Manga Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa, 2007 - 2011
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2022 - 2024
- MO State Medical License 2021 - 2023
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsOncological Outcomes in Patients with Appendicular Myxofibrosarcomas: A Retrospective StudyYonghoon Lee, Michael P. Guertin, Spencer H. Summers, Sheila A. Conway, Mothasem Al Maaieh, Raphael Yechieli, Jonathan C. Trent, Andrew E. Rosenberg, Juan Pretell-Mazzini> ;Journal of Oncology. 2021 Nov 28
- Effects of Venous Insufficiency in Patients Undergoing Primary Total Knee Arthroplasty: An Analysis of 1.2 Million Patients.Spencer Summers, Ramakanth Yakkanti, Justin Ocksrider, Sagie Haziza, Angelo Mannino, Martin W. Roche, Victor H. Hernandez> ;Journal of Knee Surgery. 2021 Aug 31
- 1 citationsNationwide analysis on the impact of peripheral vascular disease following primary total knee arthroplasty: A matched-control analysis.Spencer Summers, Ramakanth Yakkanti, Sagie Haziza, Rushabh M. Vakharia, Martin W. Roche, Victor H. Hernandez> ;Knee. 2021 Aug 1
- Join now to see all
- Calcium and Vitamin D Supplementation Are Essential to Help Manage Osteoporosis, Especially Following a Hip FractureMarch 14th, 2019
- After a Hip Fracture, Reducing the Risk of a RecurrenceApril 22nd, 2019
- After a Hip Fracture, Reducing the Risk of a RecurrenceApril 15th, 2019
- Barnes-Jewish West County HospitalSaint Louis, Missouri
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: