Dr. Bonomo is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1901 W Harrison St
Chicago, IL 60622Phone+1 312-864-5210Fax+1 312-544-0544
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Steven Bonomo is a general surgeon in Chicago, IL and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and Provident Hospital of Cook County. He received his medical degree from Albert Einstein College of Medicine and has been in practice 23 years. He specializes in bariatric surgery, hepatobiliary surgery, and pancreas and is experienced in minimally invasive surgery.
He is the system wide associate chair of the department of surgery for Cook County Health and is the assistant program director for the Rush/Cook County integrated surgical residency.
He has academic affiliation with a Rush University medical collage as assistant professor of surgery.
Education & Training
- Rush University Medical CenterResidency, Surgery, 1994 - 2001
- Albert Einstein College of MedicineClass of 1994
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 1994 - 2023
- NC State Medical License 2007 - 2012
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Member Chicago surgical society
- Board member Illinois surgical society
- Member ASMBS
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Two Cases of Heterotopic Pancreas of the Small Bowel Incidentally Found During Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery.Kyle Carey, Kristine Makiewicz, Marc Sarran, Alfonso Torquati, Steven Bonomo> ;CRSLS. 2022 Nov 18
- Two unique cases of Bouveret syndrome with review of literature.Austin Dixon, Michael D Williams, Kristine Makiewicz, Amna Khokar, Steven Bonomo> ;Journal of Surgical Case Reports. 2022 Aug 1
- 6 citationsBile duct injuries: a contemporary survey of surgeon attitudes and experiences.Reid Fletcher, Chandler S. Cortina, Hannah Kornfield, Antonios N. Varelas, Ruojia Li, Benjamin R. Veenstra, Steven Bonomo> ;Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques. 2020 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook CountyChicago, Illinois
- Provident Hospital of Cook CountyChicago, Illinois
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: