Dr. Rodgers is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeSylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center
1475 NW 12th Ave
Miami, FL 33136Phone+1 305-243-4902Fax+1 305-243-4907
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Rodgers is a highly-trained specialist in endocrine surgery and surgical oncology. He treats diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, and adrenal glands, as well as a variety of other malignancies. The University of Miami is a tertiary referral center, where patients are often seen for difficult and advanced disease, including thyroid cancer, adrenal cancer, and pancreatic cancer. Dr. Rodgers has a particular interest in neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas and adrenal tumors.
Following a fellowship in Surgical Oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr. Rodgers came to the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in the divisions of Endocrine Surgery and Surgical Oncology. Although he treats a variety of illnesses, the largest part of his practice has been endocrine surgery (i.e., thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, and adrenal tumors).
Dr. Rodgers sees patients in the clinic every Friday at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (https://doctors.umiamihealth.org/provider/Steven+E+Rodgers/526002) in Miami and every Wednesday at UHealth Plantation (http://uhealthsystem.com/locations/uhealth-plantation).
Education & Training
- University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer CenterFellowship, Complex General Surgical Oncology, 2004 - 2006
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemResidency, Surgery, 1999 - 2004
- Vanderbilt University School of MedicineClass of 1999
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2006 - 2024
- TX State Medical License 2004 - 2006
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Implementation of a Surgical Problem-Based Learning Curriculum: A One-Year Single-Center Experience.Joshua P Kronenfeld, Rebecca A Saberi, Alessia C Cioci, Eva M Urrechaga, Emily L Ryon, Chad M Thorson, Vanessa W Hui, Steven E Rodgers, Laurence R Sands> ;The American surgeon. 2022 Mar 12
- Surgical clerkship: Do examination scores correlate with clinical performance?Rebecca A. Saberi, Joshua P. Kronenfeld, Vanessa W. Hui, Chad M. Thorson, Steven E. Rodgers, Laurence R. Sands> ;American Journal of Surgery. 2021 Sep 24
- 1 citationsAxillary response rates to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients with advanced nodal disease.Neha Goel, Sina Yadegarynia, Steve Rodgers, Kristin N. Kelly, Amber L. Collier, Dido Franceschi, Mecker G. Möller, Eli Avisar, Susan B. Kesmodel> ;Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2021 Apr 14
- Join now to see all
- Miami Endocrine SurgeryJanuary 2019
- Member, Education Committee - American Association of Endocrine Surgeons 2017 - Present
- Member, IT Committee - International Association of Endocrine Surgeons 2017 - Present
- American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsMember
- International Association of Endocrine SurgeonsMember
- Spanish, German
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: