Dr. Wright is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1428 Windsor Street
Ashland, OR 97520Phone+1 303-482-6128
- Is this information wrong?
- Building sober and pain limited communities.
Building skills for medical providers managing pain and addiction.
Education & Training
- University of Colorado (University Hospital)Residency, Family Medicine, 1980 - 1982
- Poudre Valley Hospital/Fort Collins Family MedicineInternship, Family Medicine, 1979 - 1980
- Case Western Reserve University School of MedicineClass of 1979
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2000 - Present
- CO State Medical License 1980 - 2023
- NM State Medical License 1982 - 2001
- American Board of Addiction Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- Surviving Benzodiazepines: A Patient's and Clinician's Perspectives.Carrie M Silvernail, Steven L Wright> ;Advances in Therapy. 2022 May 1
- 12 citationsLimited Utility for Benzodiazepines in Chronic Pain Management: A Narrative Review.Steven L Wright> ;Advances in Therapy. 2020 May 6
- 3 citationsRecreational cannabinoid use: The hazards behind the "high"Steven Wright, Julius Metts> ;The Journal of Family Practice. 2016 Nov 1
- Join now to see all
- Specialized Pharmacies Satisfy Unmet Security Need for Preventing Pain Medication MisuseJanuary 10th, 2017
- Contracted Speaker, Millennium LabsRisk managing controlled substance prescribing including body fluid testing. Pharmacogenetics in management of patients on chronic opioid therapy.Disclosure: Speaking fee from Millennium2012 - Present
- Consultant, State of Colorado Board of Medical ExaminersEvaluation of medical charts of physicians2011 - Present
- Consultant, The Center for Personalized Education for PhysiciansEvaluation of pain, addiction, and pain care of patients by physicians2009 - Present
- Consultant, National Basketball AssociationAvailable for evaluation and treatment of team members with substance related issues2009 - Present
- Contracted Speaker, Janssen PharmaceuticalsNucynta ER, Nucynta (IR)Disclosure: Speaking fee from Janssen2009 - Present
- Contracted Speaker, Reckitt BenckiserSuboxone filmDisclosure: Speaking fee from Reckitt Benckiser2004 - Present
- Consultant, Mountain Medical Injury and Pain Professionals2010 - 2013
- Contracted Speaker, Endo PharmaceuticalsOpana ERDisclosure: Speaking fee from Endo2008 - 2013
- Contracted Speaker, Forest PharmaceuticalsSavellaDisclosure: Speaking fee from Forest2009 - 2011
- Contracted Speaker, Pfizer PharmaceuticalsChantix, Lyrica, Tobacco cessation, FibromyalgiaDisclosure: Speaking fee from Pfizer2008 - 2011
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: