Dr. Sankaran is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Sankaran's full profile
Office505 Parnassus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94143Phone+1 415-476-4029Fax+1 415-353-2640
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Sankaran is board certified in internal medicine with a focused practice in hospital medicine, director of quality and safety for UCSF’s Department of Neurosurgery, medical director of inpatient substance use management at UCSF Medical Center, with a career focus on clinical health equity in both global and local settings.
Education & Training
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington Hospital CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 2002 - 2005
- Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern CaliforniaClass of 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2006 - 2024
- DC State Medical License 2004 - 2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fulbright Excellence Award in India Fulbright, 2015-2016
Publications & Presentations
- Racial Differences in Postoperative Opioid Prescribing Practices in Spine Surgical Patients.Vijay Letchuman, Liangliang He, Praveen V Mummaneni, Nitin Agarwal, Liam J Campbell, Saman Shabani, Andrew K Chan, Christopher R Abrecht, Catherine Miller, Sujatha San...> ;31st Annual Meeting North American Skull Base Society. 2023 Mar 1
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Neurosurgical Transfers: A Single Tertiary Center Study.Sheantel J Reihl, Joseph H Garcia, Ramin A Morshed, Sujatha Sankaran, Anthony DiGiorgio, Dean Chou, Philip V Theodosopoulos, Manish K Aghi, Mitchel S Berger, Edward F ...> ;World Neurosurgery. 2022 Oct 1
- Are preoperative chlorhexidine gluconate showers associated with a reduction in surgical site infection following craniotomy? A retrospective cohort analysis of 3126 s...Simon G Ammanuel, Caleb S. Edwards, Andrew Chan, Praveen V. Mummaneni, Joseph Kidane, Enrique Vargas, Sarah D’Souza, Amy Nichols, Sujatha Sankaran, Adib A. Abla, Manis...> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2021 Apr 30
- Join now to see all
- COVID-19 Shows None of Us Are Immune to Illness or AdversityMay 2020
- COVID-19 Shows None of Us Are Immune to Illness or AdversityMay 22nd, 2020
- UCSF Medical CenterSan Francisco, California
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: