Dr. Combs is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office12000 54th Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422Phone+1 763-208-2370
- Is this information wrong?
- Following twenty-five years working ERs in busy inner-city, level-one trauma centers Tom Combs has now released his third book featuring emergency physician and family man Drake Cody.
The Drake Cody series features life-or-death action and drama that spans law, medicine, police work, and big business. Authentic, compelling storylines involving pharmaceutical industry billions, corporate theft, illegal drugs, greed, murder and emotion as characters you care about are swept up in deadly conflict. Rave formal reviews and 80% of over 500 reader rankings are 5-star.
Combs’ debut thriller, Nerve Damage, is one of only two novels ever reviewed in the Journal of Emergency Medicine ("...could not put this book down...describes what we do and why we do it in emergency medicine...the essence of what doctors, nurses, firefighters,and medics do on a daily basis intertwined with the suspense and thrills of a murder mystery...highly recommend this book")
Drake and those he loves are placed in deadly peril as renegade agents of the pharmaceutical industry pursue the billion dollar potential of a breakthrough experimental drug.
Hard to Breathe, is book two in the series. Physician Drake Drake Cody's commitment to "do the right thing" pits him against a ruthless, powerful abuser. Drake fears discovery of a shameful, career-ending secret as the stakes rocket ever higher as he and his wife battle for their children, their love, and their lives.
Wrongful Deaths, his current release, is his most exciting and topical novel yet.
Drake must stop a flood of suspicious deaths in his hospital while the deadliest of all synthetic opioids invades Minneapolis turns his ER and the Twin Cities into a war zone.
Murder, claims of malpractice, and overdoses - wrongful deaths all. Exhaustively researched front line content in an edge of your seat story about characters you care about.
Education & Training
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center/College of MedicineResidency, Emergency Medicine, 1985 - 1988
- Hennepin HealthcareInternship, Internal Medicine, 1984 - 1985
- University of Minnesota Medical SchoolClass of 1984
Certifications & Licensure
- MN State Medical License 1989 - 2023
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Amazon - Bestseller Medical Thriller, 2018
- "Top Docs" as chosen by peers Mpls/St. Paul Magazine
Publications & Presentations
- 36 citationsAeromedical transport of patients with post-traumatic cardiac arrestSeth W Wright, Steven C. Dronen, Thomas J Combs, Daniel Storer> ;Annals of Emergency Medicine. 1989 Jul 1
- An Exclusive Interview with Author Tom CombsJune 28th, 2019
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: