Dr. Levin is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office49 Cuttermill Rd
Great Neck, NY 11021Phone+1 646-830-0131Fax+1 516-467-4102
- Is this information wrong?
- Depression and anxiety expert. Formerly, I was director of Collaborative and Integrative Care Psychiatry at Weill Cornell Medicine, a psychiatrist/researcher at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the leading Comprehensive Cancer Center in the USA, and Head of Psycho-oncolology at NorthWell Health/Long Island Jewish Medical Center. I also served as a Medical Director at Beacon Health so I have a good appreciation of the business of care delivery.
I am an expert in CBT and doctor-patient communication. I developed Acute Cancer Cognitive Therapy as a way to help people cope better with cancer. I have over 50 peer reviewed publications to my name as well as 11 text book chapters.
- Integrative psychiatry, Psycho-oncology, Telemedicine, Liaison psychiatry, Cognitive therapy, Psycho-pharmacology, Anxiety disorders, Depression
Education & Training
- Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and SurgeonsPublic Psychiatry, 2001 - 2002
- Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell at Zucker Hillside HospitalFellowship, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, 2000 - 2001
- Monash Univ- Fac MedClass of 1991
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 2001 - 2024
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychosomatic Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Visiting Professorship Award, Stanford University Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine, 2013
- Visiting Professorship Award, NYU Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine, 2008
- Using Video Images to Improve Advance Care Planning in Patients With Cancer Start of enrollment: 2009 Aug 01
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsA Video Decision Aid Improves Informed Decision Making in Patients With Advanced Cancer Considering Palliative Radiation Therapy.Kavita V. Dharmarajan, Chasity Burrows Walters, Tomer T. Levin, Carol Ann Milazzo, Christopher Monether, Robin Rawlins-Duell, Roma Tickoo, Daniel E. Spratt, Shona Lovi...> ;Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2019 Dec 1
- 9 citationsEfficacy of a survivorship‐focused consultation versus a time‐controlled rehabilitation consultation in patients with lymphoma: A cluster randomized controlled trialPatricia A. Parker, Smita C. Banerjee, Matthew J. Matasar, Carma L. Bylund, Madeline Rogers, Kara Franco, Elizabeth Schofield, Yuelin Li, Tomer T. Levin, Paul B. Jacob...> ;Cancer. 2018 Dec 1
- 21 citationsA rigorous evaluation of an institutionally-based communication skills program for post-graduate oncology trainees.Carma L. Bylund, Smita C. Banerjee, Philip A. Bialer, Ruth Manna, Tomer T. Levin, Patricia A. Parker, Elizabeth Schofield, Yuelin Li, Abraham Bartell, Alexander J. Cho...> ;Patient Education and Counseling. 2018 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Academy of Cognitive TherapyFellow
- Academy of Psychosomatic MedicineFellow
- Clincal Advisory Board Member, AbleTo2018 - Present
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: