Dr. Fitzhugh is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office150 Bergen Street
Newark, NJ 07103Phone(973) 972-1237Fax(973) 972-5724
- Is this information wrong?
- My areas of expertise are in bone and soft tissue pathology and cytopathology. Bone and soft tissue pathology includes primary neoplasms, both benign and malignant, and metastatic malignancies, as well as other non-neoplastic conditions. I am currently practicing as a surgical and cytopathologist signing out cases in most areas of surgical pathology including bone and soft tissue pathology and all areas of cytopathology. I am currently the director of pathology education as well as the director of clinical competence of the pathology residency program at New Jersey Medical School.
Education & Training
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiFellowship, Cytopathology, 2008 - 2009
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolResidency, Pathology-Anatomic and Clinical, 2005 - 2008
- Albany Medical CenterInternship, Pathology-Anatomic and Clinical, 2004 - 2005
- Rutgers New Jersey Medical SchoolClass of 2004
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2009 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2008 - 2023
- American Board of Pathology Pathology - Anatomic/Pathology - Clinical
- American Board of Pathology Cytopathology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top 5, Forty Under 40 American Society of Clinical Pathology, 2017
- Analysis of Blood During Surgery for Musculoskeletal Tumors Start of enrollment: 2012 May 01
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citations#FNAFriday: How cytopathologists learn, teach, and share knowledge on Twitter.Idaira J Expósito-Afonso, Eduardo Alcaraz-Mateos, Tania Labiano, Lara Pijuan, Jordi Temprana-Salvador, Valerie A. Fitzhugh, Maren Y. Fuller, Emilio Madrigal, Vighnesh ...> ;Diagnostic Cytopathology. 2020 Aug 1
- 1 citationsSocial Media Engagement at Academic Conferences: Report of the Association of Pathology Chairs 2018 and 2019 Annual Meeting Social Media Committee.Yonah Ziemba, Dana Razzano, Timothy Craig Allen, Adam L. Booth, Scott R. Anderson, Anne Champeaux, Michael Feldman, Valerie A. Fitzhugh, Simone Gittens, Marilea Grider...> ;Academic pathology. 2020 Jul 17
- Skeletal Radiology: the year in review 2019.Mark J. Kransdorf, Thomas M. Link, William E. Palmer, Valerie A. Fitzhugh> ;Skeletal Radiology. 2020 May 28
- Join now to see all
- 18 High Schools Throughout New Jersey Participate in First Ever Young Women in Bio Event at RutgersNovember 9th, 2017
- #PWChat Recap: Imposter Syndrome in MedicineJuly 26th, 2018
- Possible New Organ in the Human Throat Discovered by Dutch ScientistsOctober 21st, 2020
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: