Dr. Assikis is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office775 Poplar Rd
Newnan, GA 30265Phone(770) 251-2590Fax(770) 251-1490
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Texas Health Science Center - HoustonFellowship, Medical Oncology, 2000 - 2003
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook CountyResidency, Internal Medicine, 1996 - 2000
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki School of MedicineClass of 1991
Certifications & Licensure
- GA State Medical License 2003 - 2021
- TX State Medical License 2000 - 2004
- IL State Medical License 1996 - 2002
- American Board of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Atlanta Magazine: Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2014
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification ARIA Radiation Oncology EMR, Varian Medical Systems, 2012
- Tamoxifen Citrate, Letrozole, Anastrozole, or Exemestane With or Without Chemotherapy in Treating Patients With Invasive RxPONDER Breast Cancer Start of enrollment: 2011 Jan 01Brufsky, A.M.,Tolentino, A.R.,Molins, A.B.,Lyss, A.P.,DeNittis, A.S.,Menter, A.,Urquhart, A.T.,Conlin, A.K.,Eisemann, A.D.,Zibelli, A.M.,Tabatabai, A.,Hernandez, A.L.,Karnad, A.B.,Robidoux, A.,Pippas, A.W...
- High Dose Ascorbic Acid (AA) + Nanoparticle Paclitaxel Protein Bound + Cisplatin + Gemcitabine (AA NABPLAGEM) in Patients Who Have Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
Publications & Presentations
- Long-term survival and biomarker correlates of tasquinimod efficacy in a multicenter randomized study of men with minimally symptomatic metastatic castration-resistant...Armstrong AJ, Häggman M, Stadler WM, Gingrich JR, Assikis V, Polikoff J, Damber JE, Belkoff L, Nordle Ö, Forsberg G, Carducci MA, Pili R> ;Clin. Cancer Res.. 2013-12-15
- 138 citationsPhase II Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Tasquinimod in Men With Minimally Symptomatic Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate CancerRoberto Pili, Michael Häggman, Walter M. Stadler, Jeffrey R. Gingrich, Vasileios J. Assikis, Anders Björk, Orjan Nordle, Göran Forsberg, Michael A. Carducci, Andrew J....> ;Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2011 Oct 20
- Phase II study of tasquinimod in chemotherapy-naive patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC): Safety and efficacy analysis including subgroups.Armstrong AJ, Haggman M, Stadler WM, Gingrich JR, Assikis VJ, Nordle O, Forsberg G, Carducci MA, Pili R> ;J. Clin. Oncol.. 2011-03-01
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: