Dr. Barrington is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5230 Centre Ave
1 Posner Tower, Administration
Pittsburgh, PA 15232Phone(412) 647-3034Fax(412) 623-6400
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a Board Certified Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist based at UPMC Shadyside Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. I remain active providing clinical care as well as education for medical students at the University of Pittsburgh Medical School of Medicine and residents/fellows in UPMC's Graduate Medical Education Program.
My administrative duties include serving as Chief of the Section of Cardiology at UPMC Shadyside as well as Vice President for Medical Affairs at that institution.
Education & Training
- Duke University HospitalFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1987 - 1991
- UPMC Medical EducationResidency, Internal Medicine, 1983 - 1986
- Ohio State University College of MedicineClass of 1983
Certifications & Licensure
- IA State Medical License 1993 - 2001
- NC State Medical License 1987 - 1999
- PA State Medical License 1984 - 2022
- OH State Medical License 1983 - 1988
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
- American Board of Internal Medicine Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow Heart Rhythm Society
- Fellow (FACC) American College of Cardiology
- Atrial Fibrillation Recurrence After Cryoballoon Ablation Start of enrollment: 2013 Jan 01Sandeep K Jain, MD
- Genetic Predictors of Outcome in HCM Patients Start of enrollment: 2009 Apr 22Samir F. Saba, MD
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsLong-Term Outcome of Defibrillator Recipients Included in the Federal Audit Conducted by the Department of JusticeNasir Shariff, Shiraz Rahim, Sandeep Jain, William Barrington, Samir Saba> ;American Journal of Cardiology. 2014 Sep 1
- An unusual defibrillator lead-associated echodensity.George S. Mendenhall, William Barrington, Christopher C. Allen, Andrew Voigt> ;Heart Rhythm. 2014 Jul 1
- 9 citationsFrequency of Toxicity With Chemical Conversion of Atrial Fibrillation With DofetilideGenevieve Brumberg, Nitin Gera, Chris Pray, Evan Adelstein, William Barrington, Raveen Bazaz, G. Stuart Mendenhall, Jan Nemec, Andrew Voigt, Norman C. Wang, David Schw...> ;American Journal of Cardiology. 2013 Aug 15
- Join now to see all
- Diet Success Depends on Your Genes, Study FindsJuly 13th, 2016
- Heart Rhythm SocietyFellow
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: