Overview of Dr. Gillanders
Dr. William Gillanders is a general surgeon in Saint Louis, MO and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Siteman Cancer Center, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital, and Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital. He received his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine and has been in practice 26 years. Dr. Gillanders accepts several types of health insurance, listed below. He is one of 93 doctors at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and one of 24 doctors at St. Louis Children's Hospital who specialize in General Surgery.
Office4921 Parkview Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110Fax(314) 454-5509
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Washington University - Barnes-Jewish HospitalResidency, General Surgery, 1991 - 1999
- Duke University School of MedicineClass of 1991
Certifications & Licensure
- MO State Medical License 2005 - 2022
- SC State Medical License 1999 - 2005
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Allscripts Enterprise EHR, Allscripts, 2012
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Safety and Immunogenicity of a Personalized Synthetic Long Peptide Breast Cancer Vaccine Strategy in Patients With Persistent Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Following Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Start of enrollment: 2015 Sep 01Gillanders W.E.
- A Phase 1B Randomized Clinical Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Immune Response to a Mammaglobin-A DNA Vaccine in Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing Neoadjuvant Endocrine Therapy Start of enrollment: 2014 Oct 01Margenthaler, J.A.,Eberlein, T.J.,Cyr, A.E.,Aft, R.L.,Ademuyiwa, F.O.,Gillanders, W.E.
- Neoadjuvant Phase II Trial of Paclitaxel in Combination With BKM120 in Endocrine Resistant Clinical Stage II or III Estrogen Receptor-Positive and HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Start of enrollment: 2014 Aug 01Forero-Torres, A.,Aft, R.L.,Margenthaler, J.A.,Suresh, R.,Layman, R.M.,Sorscher, S.M.,DeShields, T.L.,Naughton, M.J.,Sanati, S.,Bose, R.,Gillanders, W.E.,Tabchy, A.B.,Eberlein, T.J.,Ma, C.X.,Cyr, A.E.
- A Co-clinical Trial in Triple Negative Breast Cancer Patients With Genoproteomic Discovery Start of enrollment: 2014 Jul 01Ademuyiwa, F.
- A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Phase II Trial Evaluating the Effect of Hedgehog Inhibitor LDE225 on Bone Marrow Disseminated Tumor Cells in Women With Early Stage Estrogen Receptor Negative and HER2 Negative Breast Cancer Start of enrollment: 2014 Apr 01Ma, C.,Aft, R.
- A Phase II Randomized Trial Evaluating the Effect of Trastuzumab on Disease Free Survival in Early Stage HER2-Negative Breast Cancer Patients With ERBB2 Expressing Bone Marrow Disseminated Tumor Cells Start of enrollment: 2013 Dec 01Ellis, M.J.,Cyr, A.E.,Bose, R.,Margenthaler, J.A.,Watson, M.A.,Gillanders, W.E.,Ademuyiwa, F.O.,Eberlein, T.J.,Suresh, R.,Sorscher, S.M.,Aft, R.L.,Tabchy, A.B.,Naughton, M.J.,Ma, C.X.
- A Prospective Randomized Trial of Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy Versus no Additional Staging in Patients With Clinical T1-T2 N0 M0 Invasive Breast Cancer and Negative Axillary Ultrasound Start of enrollment: 2013 Apr 01Eberlein, T.J.,Cyr, A.E.,Gillanders, W.E.,Ademuyiwa, F.O.,Pluard, T.J.,Zoberi, I.,Reichert, V.C.,Appleton, C.M.,Aft, R.L.,Margenthaler, J.A.
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Optimized polyepitope neoantigen DNA vaccines elicit neoantigen-specific immune responses in preclinical models and in clinical translation.Lijin Li, Xiuli Zhang, Xiaoli Wang, Samuel W. Kim, John M. Herndon, Michelle Becker-Hapak, Beatriz M. Carreno, Nancy B. Myers, Mark A. Sturmoski, Michael D. McLellan, ...> ;Genome Medicine. 2021 Apr 21
- Neoantigen vaccine platforms in clinical development: understanding the future of personalized immunotherapy.Suangson Supabphol, Lijin Li, S. Peter Goedegebuure, William E. Gillanders> ;Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 2021 Mar 31
- Cancer vaccines: shared tumor antigens return to the spotlight.Lijin Li, S. Peter Goedegebuure, William E. Gillanders> ;Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy. 2020 Oct 30
- Join now to see all
- WDFY4 Is Required for Cross-Presentation in Response to Viral and Tumor AntigensHerbert W Virgin, Kenneth M Murphy, William E Gillanders, Wayne Yokoyama, Science Magazine
- $10.4 Million Awarded for Pancreatic Cancer ResearchAugust 15th, 2016
- Peripheral Blood Molecular Staging Of Breast CancerNational Cancer Institute2006–2010
- Molecular Detection Of Breast Cancer In Peripheral BloodNational Cancer Institute2004–2006
- Molecular Detection Of Breast Cancer In Peripheral BloodNational Cancer Institute2002–2004
- Peptide Mediated Immunotherapy In TransplantationNational Institute Of Allergy And Infectious Diseases1994–1995
- American Association of Endocrine SurgeonsMember
- Aetna Choice POS II
Anthem Blue Access Choice PPO
Anthem Blue Access PPO
Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
Anthem Blue Preferred Select
BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS Illinois PPO
CIGNA Open AccessCIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care PPO Platinum
Coventry Missouri - HMO/POS
First Health PPO
Great West PPO
Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Multiplan PHCS PPO
United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Please verify your coverage with the provider's office directly when scheduling an appointment
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: