Dr. Green is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5115 Forest Drive, Suite E
Columbia, SC 29206Phone+1 803-331-3645Fax+1 803-661-9819
- Is this information wrong?
- Psychiatrist board certified in general psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, and addiction medicine. Years of experience with all types of psychiatric disorders, as well as significant experience in treating addictions and coexisting disorders. 14 years as director of psychiatric services for SC DDSN, in charge of all psychiatric treatment for all South Carolina residents with developmental disabilities, autism and autistic spectrum disorders, and severe head and spinal cord disorders. Now practicing general and addiction psychiatry with a special focus in aerospace medicine, as well as a consultant psychiatrist for the FAA HIMS program.
Education & Training
- Medical College of GeorgiaResidency, Psychiatry, 1989 - 1992
- University of Texas Medical Branch HospitalsResidency, Anesthesiology, 1985 - 1989
- Medical College of GeorgiaClass of 1985
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State Medical License 1994 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 1989 - 2015
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- American Board of Addiction Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow American Society of Addiction Medicine, 2016
- Distinguished Fellow American Psychiatric Association, 2009
Publications & Presentations
- Recognition and Treatment of Mood Disorders in Early RecoveryGreen III MD, William E., Journal of the South Carolina Medical Association
- Recognition and Treatment of Mood Disorders in Early RecoveryJuly 2001
- Co- chairman, PAAC Committee- South Carolina Medical Association 1996 - Present
- Distinguished Fellow
- South Carolina Medical AssociationMember
- South Carolina Psychiatric AssociationMember
- South Carolina Society of Addiction MedicinePresident- 2018-2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: