Overview of Dr. Hawkins
Dr. William Hawkins is a general surgeon in Saint Louis, MO and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital, St. Louis Children's Hospital, and Siteman Cancer Center. He received his medical degree from Stony Brook University School of Medicine and has been in practice 22 years. He specializes in hepatobiliary surgery, pancreas, and surgical oncology (other than breast) and is experienced in cholangiocarcinoma, minimally invasive surgery, surgical oncology, pancreatectomy, and adenocarcinoma.
Office4921 Parkview Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110Fax(877) 991-8954
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer CenterFellowship, Surgical Oncology, 2002 - 2004
- Massachusetts General HospitalResidency, General Surgery, 2000 - 2002
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer CenterPost-Doctoral Fellowship, Surgical Research Fellow, 1998 - 2000
- Stony Brook University School of MedicineClass of 1995
- State University of New York at Stony BrookBS, Biology, Magna Cum Laude, 1987 - 1991
Certifications & Licensure
- IL State Medical License 2021 - 2023
- MO State Medical License 2004 - 2022
- NY State Medical License 1998 - 2005
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Allscripts Enterprise EHR, Allscripts, 2012
- Light up the night with hope award PanCAN, 2008
- Mentored Research Scholar American Cancer Society, 2008
- Join now to see all
- Thunderbeat™ Integrated Bipolar and Ultrasonic Forceps in the Whipple Procedure: A Prospective Registry Trial Start of enrollment: 2014 May 01Hawkins, W.G.
- Phase IB Study of FOLFIRINOX Plus PF-04136309 in Patients With Borderline Resectable and Locally Advanced Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma Start of enrollment: 2012 Mar 01Linehan, D.
- Registry Study - Whipple at the Splenic Artery Start of enrollment: 2010 Sep 01Strasberg, S.
- Effect of a Reinforced Staple Line on Leak Rate in Distal Pancreatectomy Start of enrollment: 2007 Jun 01Hawkins, W.G.
- Immunologic Effects of CDX-301 and CDX-1140 in Resectable Pancreatic Cancer Patients William G Hawkins, M.D.
Publications & Presentations
- ASO Visual Abstract: Development of a Prognostic Nomogram and Nomogram Software Application Tool to Predict Overall Survival and Disease-Free Survival After Curative-I...Gaya Spolverato, Giulia Capelli, Giulia Lorenzoni, Dario Gregori, Malcolm H Squires, George A Poultsides, Ryan C Fields, Mark P Bloomston, Sharon M Weber, Konstantinos...> ;Annals of surgical oncology. 2021 Sep 22
- Development of a Prognostic Nomogram and Nomogram Software Application Tool to Predict Overall Survival and Disease-Free Survival After Curative-Intent Gastrectomy for...Gaya Spolverato, Giulia Capelli, Giulia Lorenzoni, Dario Gregori, Malcolm H Squires, George A Poultsides, Ryan C Fields, Mark P Bloomston, Sharon M Weber, Konstantinos...> ;Annals of surgical oncology. 2021 Sep 14
- Improved outcomes with minimally invasive pancreaticoduodenectomy in patients with dilated pancreatic ducts: a prospective studyHeidy Cos, Michael T. LeCompte, Sanket Srinivasa, Jorge G Zarate Rodriguez, Cheryl A. Woolsey, Gregory A. Williams, Siddarth Patel, Adeel S. Khan, Ryan C. Fields, M.B....> ;Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques. 2021 Jul 7
- Join now to see all
- Post-Discharge Phone Call Intervention After PancreaticoduodenectomyDarren R Cullinan, Chet Hammill, Ryan C Fields, Steven M Strasberg, William G Hawkins, Journal of The American College of Surgeons
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy and Surgery for Management of Retroperitoneal Sarcomas: A Single-Institution ExperienceTodd DeWees, Imran Zoberi, Jeffrey Olsen, Jeff Michalski, William Hawkins, BioMed Central
- Variations in Definition and Method of Retrieval of Complications Influence Outcomes Statistics after Pancreatoduodenectomy: Comparison of NSQIP with Non-NSQIP MethodsSanford DE, Woolsey CA, Hall BL, Linehan DC, Hawkins WG, Fields RC, Strasberg SM, J Am Coll Surg, 9/1/2014
- Join now to see all
- Post-Discharge Phone Call Intervention After PancreaticoduodenectomyOctober 2018
- Immune-Boosting Compound Makes Immunotherapy Effective Against Pancreatic CancerJuly 17th, 2019
- Immune-Boosting Compound Makes Immunotherapy Effective Against Pancreatic CancerJuly 3rd, 2019
- $10.4 Million Awarded for Pancreatic Cancer ResearchAugust 15th, 2016
- On The Trail To Pancreas Cancer-Selective Tumor Cell Death (APOPTOSIS)National Cancer Institute2010–2011
- Small Fish To Evaluate Toxic ChemicalsNational Institute Of Environmental Health Sciences1994
- Aetna Choice POS II
Anthem Blue Access Choice PPO
Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS Illinois PPO
CIGNA Open Access
Coventry Health Care PPO PlatinumCoventry Missouri - HMO/POS
First Health PPO
Great West PPO
Multiplan PHCS PPO
United Healthcare - Direct Choice Plus POS
United Healthcare - Direct Options PPO
- Please verify your coverage with the provider's office directly when scheduling an appointment
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: