Dr. Shipley is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office55 Fruit St
Cox Building 347 Lower Level Yaw 7e
Boston, MA 02114Phone(617) 726-8146Fax(617) 726-3603
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Brigham and Women's HospitalResidency, Radiation Oncology, 1971 - 1973
- Massachusetts General HospitalResidency, General Surgery, 1966 - 1968
- Harvard Affiliated HospitalsClass of 1966
Certifications & Licensure
- MA State Medical License 1966 - 2021
- American Board of Radiology Therapeutic Radiology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
- A Phase II Protocol for Patients With Stage T1 Bladder Cancer to Evaluate Selective Bladder Preserving Treatment by Radiation Therapy Concurrent With Radiosensitizing Chemotherapy Following a Thorough Transurethral Surgical Re-Staging Start of enrollment: 2009 Nov 01Cohen, S.M.,Demas, W.F.,Herman, T.S.,Hudes, R.S.,Karnes, R.J.,Petit, J.H.,Shipley, W.U.
- A Phase III Trial of Short Term Androgen Deprivation With Pelvic Lymph Node or Prostate Bed Only Radiotherapy (SPPORT) in Prostate Cancer Patients With a Rising PSA After Radical Prostatectomy Start of enrollment: 2008 Feb 01Allen, A.M.,Ariaratnam, L.S.,Ash, R.B.,Atanas, M.,Balogh, A.G.,Barton, D.R.,Beauchemin, M.,Behrens, R.J.,Beron, P.J.,Bhoopalam, N.,Bonin, S.R.,Bornstein, B.A.,Buyyounouski, M.K.,Canaday, D.J.,Carson, J.H....
- Radiation Therapy With or Without Bicalutamide in Treating Patients With Stage II, Stage III, or Recurrent Prostate Cancer Start of enrollment: 1998 Feb 01Grossman, H.B.,Shipley, W.U.
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsValidation of a 22-Gene Genomic Classifier in Patients With Recurrent Prostate Cancer: An Ancillary Study of the NRG/RTOG 9601 Randomized Clinical TrialFelix Y. Feng, Huei-Chung Huang, Daniel E. Spratt, Shuang George Zhao, Howard M. Sandler, Jeffry P. Simko, Elai Davicioni, Paul L. Nguyen, Alan Pollack, Jason A. Efsta...> ;JAMA Oncology. 2021 Apr 1
- Complications and Outcomes of Salvage Cystectomy after Trimodality Therapy.Alberto Pieretti, Ross Krasnow, Michael Drumm, Andrew Gusev, Douglas M. Dahl, Francis J. McGovern, Michael L. Blute, William U. Shipley, Jason A. Efstathiou, Adam S. F...> ;The Journal of Urology. 2021 Feb 22
- 2 citationsProstate Radiotherapy With Adjuvant Androgen Deprivation Therapy (ADT) Improves Metastasis-Free Survival Compared to Neoadjuvant ADT: An Individual Patient Meta-Analysis.Daniel E. Spratt, Shawn Malone, Soumyajit Roy, Scott Grimes, Libni Eapen, Scott Carlyle Morgan, Julia Malone, Julia Craig, Robert T. Dess, William C. Jackson, Holly E....> ;Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2021 Jan 10
- Join now to see all
- Urologist: Prostate Cancer Study Confirms Benefit of Hormone Therapy BenefitFebruary 7th, 2017
- Adding Antiandrogen Therapy to Radiation Improves Survival in Recurrent Prostate CancerFebruary 6th, 2017
- PCa Salvage Radiation plus Anti-Androgen Therapy Improves OutcomesFebruary 2nd, 2017
- Dose EscalationNational Cancer Institute2002
- Massachusetts General HospitalBoston, Massachusetts
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: