Dr. Alimi is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeGeorgetown University Hospital
3800 Reservoir Road
Washington, DC 20007
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Yewande Alimi is a general surgeon in Washington, DC and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center. She received her medical degree from Emory University School of Medicine and has been in practice 4 years. She specializes in bariatric surgery and minimally invasive surgery.
Education & Training
- Stanford Health Care-Sponsored Stanford UniversityFellowship, Advanced GI Minimally Invasive Surgery, 2020 - 2021
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington HospitalResidency, Surgery, 2017 - 2020
- MedStar Health/Georgetown-Washington HospitalResidency, Surgery, 2013 - 2020
- Emory University School of MedicineClass of 2013
Certifications & Licensure
- CA State Medical License 2019 - 2023
- VA State Medical License 2015 - 2024
- DC State Medical License 2013 - 2024
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- Society of Black Academic Surgeons (SBAS) diversity, equity, and inclusion series: Microaggressions - Lessons Learned from Black Academic Surgeons.Paris D Butler, Steven D Wexner, Yewande R Alimi, Daniel L Dent, Oluwadamilola M Fayanju, Nancy L Gantt, Fabian M Johnston, Carla M Pugh> ;American journal of surgery. 2023 Jan 1
- 1 citationsGastroesophageal Reflux Disease and the Patient with ObesityYewande Alimi, Dan E. Azagury> ;Gastroenterology Clinics of North America. 2021 Oct 6
- Decreased Leak Rate and Need for Reintervention with Use of Closed Suction Calibration System: a Bariatric Surgery Quality Improvement Project.Yewande Alimi, Alexander Lofthus, Chamilka Merle, Mariana Vigiola Cruz, Ariana Metchik, Ivanesa Pardo, Timothy Shope> ;Obesity Surgery. 2021 Sep 6
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: