Dr. Cohen is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office200 Garden City Plaza
Garden City, NY 11530Phone(516) 246-5008Fax(516) 740-0876
- Is this information wrong?
- As a board-certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeon specializing in spinal surgery, my primary goal is to help my patients overcome neuro-spinal problems so that they can get back to living life on their own terms. I specialize in the most advanced spinal treatments available, ranging from minimally invasive techniques to complex surgeries.
To produce the best possible surgical and lifestyle outcomes, I work in collaboration with a team of fellowship-trained professionals, including experts in orthopedic spine and plastic surgery. Visit online at http://www.drbenjamincohen.com
Dr. Cohen participates in the Medicare, Worker's Compensation and No-Fault insurance plans.
Skills & Expertise
- Neurosurgical spine surgery, Spinal fractures, Thoracic spine surgery, Spine disorders, Spine trauma
Education & Training
- University of Alabama HospitalFellowship, Neurosurgical Spine Surgery, 2004 - 2005
- Albany Medical CenterResidency, Neurological Surgery, 1998 - 2004
- Chicago Medical School/Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine ScienceClass of 1998
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2021 - 2024
- AL State Medical License 2004 - 2005
- NY State Medical License 1989 - 2022
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACS) American College of Surgeons
- Fellow (FAANS) American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Long Island Jewish Valley StreamValley Stream, New York
- Long Island Jewish Medical CenterNew Hyde Park, New York
- Mercy Medical CenterRockville Centre, New York
- North Shore University HospitalManhasset, New York
- NYU Winthrop HospitalMineola, New York
- Mount Sinai South NassauOceanside, New York
- NYU Langone HospitalsNew York, New York
- St. Joseph HospitalBethpage, New York
- St. Francis Hospital, The Heart CenterRoslyn, New York
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical CenterSmithtown, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: