Dr. Estes is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1680 Meridian Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Phone+1 305-397-8229Fax+1 305-847-3122
- Is this information wrong?
- Christopher M. Estes, MD, MPH (Chris) graduated from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in 2001. He completed a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology then went on to complete the Fellowship in Family Planning and receive his Masters of Public Health in Epidemiology from Columbia University. For many years, he worked in academic, tertiary care referral and specialty settings handling complicated patients. He became frustrated with the limitations of what the conventional Western medical system had to offer. He saw hundreds of patients being shuffled through the system, passed from one specialist to the next, never receiving definitive answers about the root causes of their medical issues. This inspired him to seek out new, alternative and complementary approaches to improve patient’s health.
Chris is an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP). He utilizes a fully integrated, patient-centered approach in his practice. This involves comprehensive history taking and physical examination skills combined with advanced laboratory testing to discover the underlying causes of a patient’s medical problem. He then formulates customized treatment plans to address the root cause of the patient’s problems, rather than just treating its symptoms. He offers a full scope of integrated medical treatments including diet and lifestyle interventions, nutritional supplementation, advanced intravenous and ozonation therapies, platelet rich plasma and stem cell treatments.
Together with Dr. Emily Rowe, they treat a broad range of problems, specializing in difficult to treat patients with conditions including autoimmune disease, bowel disorders, Lyme and related infections, mold/mycotoxin related illness, chronic fatigue, pain, food and environmental sensitivities and cancer.
Education & Training
- New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus)Fellowship, Complex Family Planning, 2005 - 2007
- Columbia UniversityMPH, Epidemiology, 2005 - 2007
- University of Miami/Jackson Health SystemResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2001 - 2005
- University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- FL State Medical License 2007 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2005 - 2008
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics & Gynecology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- National Faculty Mentor Award Medical Students for Choice, 2012
- George Paff Award UMMSM, Class of 2013, 2012
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012-2013
- Join now to see all
- Prenatal Non-invasive Aneuploidy Test Utilizing SNPs Trial Start of enrollment: 2012 Jan 01
Active, not recruiting
Publications & Presentations
- 4 citationsSexual Preferences and Partnerships of Transgender Persons Mid- or Post-TransitionLydia A. Fein, Christopher J. Salgado, Klara Sputova, Christopher M. Estes, Carlos A. Medina> ;Journal of Homosexuality. 2018 Apr 16
- 5 citationsThe Labor Games.Laurice Bou Nemer, Dawn Kalin, Desiree G. Fiorentino, Jorge J. Garcia, Christopher M. Estes> ;Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2016 Oct 1
- 13 citationsThe effect of obesity and low-dose oral contraceptives on carbohydrate and lipid metabolism.Anitra Beasley, Christopher M. Estes, Jacqueline M. Guerrero, Carolyn Westhoff> ;Contraception. 2012 May 1
- Join now to see all
- Use of dermal-fat grafts for augmentation of labia majora in a transgendered womanSalgado, CJ, Estes, CM, Tang, JC, Reed HM, Alvarez-Villaba C, Sun Z, Journal of Sexual Medicine
- The effect of obesity and low dose oral contraceptives on carbohydrate and lipid metabolismBeasley A, Estes CM, Guerrero J, Westhoff, CW, Contraception
- Intrauterine Contraception for women Living with HIVEstes CM, Potter J, HIV CareLink
- Join now to see all
- Board Member, Board of Trustees, National Abortion Federation 2013 - 2016
- Member, UMMSM Academy of Medical Educators Steering Committee 2012 - 2014
- Member, University of Miami Hospital Ethics Committee 2011 - 2014
- Member, University of Miami Hospital Quality Review Committee 2010 - 2014
- Member, UMMSM Honors Program in Medical Education Admissions Committee 2010 - 2012
- Member, UMMSM/JMH OB/GYN Residency Program Admissions Committee 2007 - 2014
- International Lyme and Associated Disease SocietyMember
- International Society for Environmentally Acquired IllnessMember
- American Academy of OzonotherapyMember
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: