Dr. Pourshojae is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office114605 Potomac Branch Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22191Phone+1 703-620-3211Fax+1 571-492-3059
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Hamid R. Pourshojae is a board certified general and bariatric surgeon who completed his residency at St. John’s Episcopal Hospital in New York. A native of the Washington metropolitan area, Dr. Pourshojae has special interest and expertise in minimally invasive bariatric, gastrointestinal surgery, and colorectal surgery. Prior to joining Inova Medical Group, Dr. Pourshojae led a successful private surgical practice where he performed numerous advanced laparoscopic procedures including bariatric, laparoscopic and robotic gastric, small bowel surgery, and colon surgery along with complex and laparoscopic hernia repair.
Education & Training
- St John's Episcopal Hospital-South ShoreChief Residency, Surgery, 2001 - 2002
- St John's Episcopal Hospital-South ShoreResidency, Surgery, 1998 - 2002
- St John's Episcopal Hospital-South ShoreInternship, Surgery, 1997 - 1998
- Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences College of Osteopathic MedicineClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State License 2005 - 2011
- VA State License 2005 - 2024
- CA State License 2003 - 2023
- AZ State License 2002 - 2008
- AOA Board of Surgery Surgery
- American Board of Osteopathic SurgeryGeneral Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top Doctor Northern Virginia Magazine, 2013-2017
- Patient's Choice Award 2010-2012
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2010-2012
- Inova Fair Oaks HospitalFairfax, Virginia
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: