Dr. Shahlaie is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeDepartment Of Neurological Surgery
4860 Y Street, Suite #3740
Sacramento, CA 95817Phone(916) 734-3071Fax(916) 452-2580
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Kia Shahlaie is a neurosurgeon in Sacramento, CA and is affiliated with University of California, Davis Medical Center. He received his medical degree from University of California Davis School of Medicine and completed fellowships in Skull Base/Endoscopic Neurosurgery and Functional Neurosurgery. He has been in practice 10 years. He specializes in pituitary surgery, skull base surgery, brain tumor surgery, minimally invasive approaches and stereotactic & functional neurosurgery. He is a Professor at the UC Davis School
Of Medicine and Director of the Bronte Research Laboratory at the UC Davis Center for Neuroscience.
Education & Training
- John Wayne Cancer InstituteFellowship, Minimally Invasive/Skull Base Neurosurgery, 2010 - 2010
- UCSFFellowship, Functional Neurosurgery, 2009 - 2009
- University of California DavisResidency, Neurological Surgery, 2002 - 2009
- University of California DavisInternship, Transitional Year, 2001 - 2002
- University of California Davis School of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- OH State Medical License 2007 - Present
- CA State Medical License 2002 - 2022
- American Board of Neurological Surgery Neurological Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2012
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Study of NNZ-2566 in Patients With Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Conducted Under an Exception From Informed Consent (EFIC) Start of enrollment: 2012 Apr 01Bullock, R.R.,Chang, C.W.,Ecklund, J.M.,Milam, D.,O'Neill, B.J.,Okonkwo, D.,Pascual, J.,Scott, M.,Shahlaie, K.,Siddiqi, J.,Velillia, M.A.
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Dose-Escalation Study of NNZ-2566 in Patients With Traumatic Brain Injury Start of enrollment: 2010 Apr 01Bullock, R.M.,Bullock, R.R.,Chang, C.W.,Ecklund, J.M.,Latorre, J.G.,Milam, D.,O'Neil, B.J.,Okonkwo, D.O.,Pascual, J.,Scott, M.,Shahlaie, K.,Siddiqi, J.,Velilla, M.A.
- Systemic and Local Levels of Lidocaine During Surgery for the Removal of Glioblastoma Kiarash Shahlaie
Publications & Presentations
- Surgeon education through a surgical cost feedback system reduces supply cost in endoscopic skull base surgery.Renuka K. Reddy, Amarbir S. Gill, Joshua Hwang, Machelle D. Wilson, Kiarash Shahlaie, Griffith R. Harsh, E. Bradley Strong, Toby O. Steele> ;Journal of Neurosurgery. 2021 Aug 13
- Intracranial myeloid sarcoma presentation in distant acute myeloid leukemia remission.Dennis Lee, Oluwaseun A. Omofoye, Tejas Karnati, John Paul Graff, Kiarash Shahlaie> ;Journal of Clinical Neuroscience. 2021 Jul 1
- The impact of sub specialization within functional neurosurgery on patient outcomes in a comprehensive epilepsy center.Austin Js Clark, Rikki Samuel, Ignacio Saez, Jeffrey Kennedy, Masud Seyal, Kiarash Shahlaie, Fady Girgis> ;Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2021 Apr 20
- Join now to see all
- UC Davis Integrates New Virtual Patient Care Technology in Deep Brain Stimulation ProgramMay 5th, 2021
- UC Davis Engineers Lead $36M Effort to Improve Recovery from Spinal Cord InjuriesOctober 7th, 2020
- North American Skull Base SocietyMember
- The Pituitary SocietyMember
- Neurocritical Care SocietyMember
- National Neurotrauma SocietyMember
- University of California, Davis Medical CenterSacramento, California
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: