Dr. Vater is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1030 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Laura Vater is an oncologist in Indianapolis, IN and is affiliated with Indiana University, Indiana University Health, and Eskenazi Health. She received her bachelor of science from the University of Notre Dame and her medical degree from Indiana University School of Medicine. She specializes in gastrointestinal cancer.
Education & Training
- Indiana University School of MedicineFellowship, Hematology and Medical Oncology, 2020 - 2022
- Indiana University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 2017 - 2020
- Indiana University School of MedicineClass of 2017
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public HealthMPH, 2011 - 2013
- University of Notre DameBS, 2006 - 2010
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 2017 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Walter J Daly Award for Outstanding Resident Indiana University, 2020
- Gold Humanism Honor Society 2018
- Indiana University School of Medicine Honor Roll: Exemplar of Professionalism 2018
Publications & Presentations
- Fluoropyrimidine Cardiotoxicity: Incidence, Outcomes, and Safety of Rechallenge.Laura B Vater, Bénédicte Lefebvre, Anita Turk, Suparna C Clasen> ;Current Oncology Reports. 2022 Jul 1
- 3 citationsGoals of care communication and higher-value care for patients with advanced-stage cancer: A systematic review of the evidence.Larry D. Cripe, Laura B. Vater, Jason A. Lilly, Angeline Larimer, Mary Lynn Hoffmann, Richard M. Frankel> ;Patient Education and Counseling. 2021 Aug 27
- 2 citationsImpact of smoke-free ordinance strength on smoking prevalence and lung cancer incidence.Ryan Nguyen, Laura B. Vater, Lava Timsina, Greg Andrew Durm, Katelin Rupp, Keylee Wright, Miranda H. Spitznagle, Brandy Paul, Shadia I. Jalal, Lisa Carter-Harris, Kare...> ;Plos One. 2021 Apr 16
- Join now to see all
- Smile ScoreAugust 2019
- Indiana University Health University HospitalIndianapolis, Indiana
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: