Dr. Frisard is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office7373 Perkins Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70808Phone(225) 769-4044
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Nick Frisard, M.D. is a board certified Ophthalmologist who is a native of Metairie, Louisiana and a proud graduate of Jesuit High School. Dr. Frisard earned his undergraduate and medical degrees from LSU, and completed his surgical training at the LSU/Ochsner residency program where he served as chief resident. Additionally, at the conclusion of his training Dr. Frisard was selected from a group of his peers as the outstanding graduate who embodies the most desired characteristics of an Ophthalmologist and demonstrates excellence in clinical and surgical skills.
Dr. Frisard specializes in cataract and laser vision correction surgery. He has extensive training in astigmatism management and presbyopia correcting lens technology and is proud to offer the latest advancements in the field of cataract surgery. Utilizing advanced laser and artificial lens technology, Dr. Frisard is able to offer his patients a life without dependence on glasses or contacts. In addition, Dr. Frisard performs micro stent surgery for glaucoma patients using the iStent, the smallest medical device ever approved by the FDA and the smallest medical device known to be implanted in the human body.
Dr. Frisard strives to provide superior care that is both comprehensive and personalized. Patient education and involving those he treats in their own health care decisions is extremely important to him.
Education & Training
- Louisiana State University Eye CenterChief Residency, Ophthalmology, 2014 - 2017
- Ochsner Clinic FoundationInternship, Internal Medicine, 2013 - 2014
- Louisiana State UniversityClass of 2013
- Louisiana State UniversityBS, Biology, Valedictorian highest undergraduate GPA, 2005 - 2009
- Jesuit High SchoolGraduate, 2000 - 2005
Certifications & Licensure
- LA State Medical License 2017 - 2021
- American Board of Ophthalmology Ophthalmology
- GlaukosiStent Inject Certification
- J&JCatalyst Cataract Laser Surgery
- VISXVISX Lasik Laser Certification
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Outstanding Graduate Class of 2017 LSU Ophthalmology Residency Program, 2017
- Hospital Ethics Commitee University Medical Center New Orleans, 2016
- Chief Resident LSU Ophthalmology Residency Program, 2016
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- Visual Loss, Retinal Hemorrhages, and Optic Disc Edema Resulting from Thiamine Deficiency Following Bariatric Surgery Complicated by Prolonged VomitingNick Frisard, Andrew Lawton, Ochsner Journal, 2017
- Corneal Neovascularization: a review of the molecular biology and current therapiesNick Frisard, Expert Reviews, 2013
- University Medical Center New Orleans Member, Hospital Ethics Committee 2016 - 2017
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: