Dr. Carlson is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office101 W 8th Ave
Spokane, WA 99204Phone(509) 474-3131
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Rick Carlson is a psychiatrist in Spokane, WA and is affiliated with Psychiatry Residency Spokane and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital. He received his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine and completed both residency and fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He has been in practice 4 years. He specializes in consultation-liaison psychiatry.
Education & Training
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterFellowship, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, 2015 - 2016
- Vanderbilt University Medical CenterResidency, Psychiatry, 2011 - 2015
- Creighton University School of MedicineClass of 2011, MD
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 2016 - 2022
- TN State Medical License 2011 - 2016
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychosomatic Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- 7 citationsPilot randomized clinical trial of the Teachable Moment Brief Intervention for hospitalized suicide attempt survivors.Stephen S. O'Connor, Michael M. Mcclay, Shujah Choudhry, Angela D. Shields, Richard H. Carlson, Yaima Alonso, Kyle Lavin, Lisa Venanzi, Katherine Anne Comtois, Jo Elle...> ;General Hospital Psychiatry. 2020 Mar 1
- 27 citationsDelirium and Catatonia in Critically Ill Patients: The Delirium and Catatonia Prospective Cohort Investigation.Jo Ellen Wilson, Richard H. Carlson, Maria C. Duggan, Pratik P. Pandharipande, Timothy D. Girard, Li Wang, Jennifer L. Thompson, Rameela Chandrasekhar, Andrew Francis,...> ;Critical Care Medicine. 2017 Nov 1
- 15 citationsTreadmill gait speeds correlate with physical activity counts measured by cell phone accelerometersRichard H. Carlson, Derek R. Huebner, Carrie A. Hoarty, Jackie Whittington, Gleb Haynatzki, Michele C. Balas, Ana Katrin Schenk, Evan H. Goulding, Jane F. Potter, Step...> ;Gait & Posture. 2012 Jun 1
- Join now to see all
- Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry - ACLPMember
- American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training - AADPRTMember
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center & Children's HospitalSpokane, Washington
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: