Dr. Ahmed is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office736 Irving Ave
Syracuse, NY 13210Phone+1 315-470-7375Fax+1 315-470-2651
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Akbar Ahmed is a general surgeon in Syracuse, NY and is affiliated with Crouse Health. He received his medical degree from Dow University of Health Sciences and has been in practice 35 years. He is experienced in minimally invasive surgery and robotic general surgery.
Education & Training
- Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/NorthwellFellowship, Surgical Critical Care, 1994 - 1995
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Mount Sinai HospitalResidency, Surgery, 1991 - 1994
- Interfaith Medical CenterResidency, Surgery, 1984 - 1988
- Dow University of Health SciencesClass of 1982
- DJ Sindh Govt Science CollegePre-med, Intermediate Science, 1972 - 1974
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 1988 - 2024
- MA State Medical License 1984 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 1991 - 2017
- PA State Medical License 1991 - 2016
- American Board of Surgery Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow Royal College of Surgeons ,Glasgow, 1990
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
Publications & Presentations
- Preliminary Experience with ESWL Monotherapy for Bladder CalculiAhmed, A.F., Khan A, JPMA, 1/1/1990
- Agenesis of Left Hepatic Lobe with Gastric VolvulusAhmed A.F., New York State Journal of Medicine, 1/1/1988
- Linitis Plastica in a 17 Year Old GirlAhmed A.F., Rai D., Allen A, Surgical Rounds, 1/1/1987
- Join now to see all
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons,GlasgowFellow
- Crouse HealthSyracuse, New York
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: