Dr. Cheerva is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office234 E. Gray St.
Louisville, KY 40202Phone+1 502-629-2500Fax+1 502-629-2055
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a board certified pediatric hematologist/oncologist. My passion is caring for survivors of childhood cancer and blood & marrow transplantation. I am currently co-director of the Adolescent & Young Adult (AYA) Survivorship Program at Norton Cancer Institute in Louisville, KY. Prior to this I was director of the Pediatric Survive & Thrive Long Term Program at Norton Childhood Cancer Institute.
I have previously been director of the Pediatric Blood & Marrow Transplant Program at the University of Louisville from 2001 to 2017. I also started the extracorporeal photopheresis program at the University of Louisville for both adult and pediatric patients in the area.
Education & Training
- University of WashingtonFellowship, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 1983 - 1987
- Case Western Reserve Univ/Univ Hosps Cleveland Med Ctr/Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalResidency, Pediatrics, 1980 - 1983
- Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of MedicineClass of 1980
- Loyola UniversityMS, Biochemistry, 1973 - 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- KY State Medical License 2001 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 1994 - 2002
- WI State Medical License 1994 - 2001
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Chronic Graft-versus-Host Disease Treatment (BMT CTN 0801) Start of enrollment: 2010 Apr 01
Phase 2, Phase 3
- Levofloxacin in Preventing Infection in Young Patients With Acute Leukemia Receiving Chemotherapy or Undergoing Stem Cell Transplantation Start of enrollment: 2011 Sep 01
- MRD Testing Before and After Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Pediatric Acute Myeloid Leukemia Start of enrollment: 2011 Oct 01
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- A diagnostic classifier for pediatric chronic graft-versus-host disease: results of the ABLE / PBMTC 1202 study.Geoffrey D E Cuvelier, Bernard Ng, Sayeh Abdossamadi, Eneida R Nemecek, Alexis Melton, Carrie L Kitko, Victor Anthony Lewis, Tal Schechter, David A Jacobsohn, Andrew C...> ;Blood advances. 2022 Oct 11
- 18 citationsImmune profile differences between chronic GVHD and late acute GVHD: results of the ABLE/PBMTC 1202 studies.Kirk R. Schultz, Amina Kariminia, Bernard Ng, Sayeh Abdossamadi, Madeline Lauener, Eneida R. Nemecek, Justin T. Wahlstrom, Carrie L. Kitko, Victor Lewis, Tal Schechter...> ;Blood. 2020 Apr 9
- 28 citationsBenefits and challenges with diagnosing chronic and late acute GVHD in children using the NIH consensus criteria.Geoffrey D.E. Cuvelier, Eneida R. Nemecek, Justin T. Wahlstrom, Carrie L. Kitko, Victor Lewis, Tal Schechter, David A. Jacobsohn, Andrew C. Harris, Michael A. Pulsiphe...> ;Blood. 2019 Jul 18
- Join now to see all
- The Safety and Efficacy of Clofarabine in Combination with High-Dose Cytarabine and Total Body Irradiation Myeloablative Conditioning and Allogeneic Stem Cell Transpla...Stacey Zahler, Mitchell S Cairo, Jennifer Krajewski, M Fevzi Ozkaynak, Alexandra C Cheerva, Theodore B Moore, Alfred P Gillio, Mark C Walters, Nature
- Norton Children's HospitalLouisville, Kentucky
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: