Dr. Koivuniemi is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeIN Univ Sch of Med
Indianapolis, IN 46201
- Is this information wrong?
- Career Plans:
My wife (Dr. Kelly Grott, chronic pain fellow at Northwestern University) and I are currently looking for the ideal setting and partners to establish a fully integrated, goal centered pain and spine practice.
We refer to our approach as "goal centered" because we believe that success in pain is more than a number in a chart or films in an EMR. We are dedicated to collaborating with out patients identify their most important life goals. The rest of the care (therapy, medication, interventional pain, and/or surgery) are pursued with the patient's active participation and leadership in order to accomplish those goals.
I am in my final year of training, focusing on refining and advancing my general neurosurgery training while also pursuing my passion for medical ethics. To this end, I am completing the Fairbanks Clinical Ethics Fellowship (20% time commitment). This involves a weekly day long didactics with subject experts, assigned weekly readings, one month on 24/7 clinical ethics call and a final research project(s). For my first project I am studying informed consent in pediatric neurosurgery.
Education & Training
- Indiana University School of MedicineClass of 2014
Certifications & Licensure
- IN State Medical License 2015 - 2025
Publications & Presentations
- 3 citationsEvaluation of micro-electrocorticographic electrodes for electrostimulationSeth J. Wilks, Andrew S. Koivuniemi, Sanitta Thongpang, Justin C. Williams, Kevin J. Otto> ;Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual International Conference. 2009 Nov 13
- 36 citationsMultimodal, longitudinal assessment of intracortical microstimulation.Andrew S. Koivuniemi, Seth J. Wilks, Andrew J. Woolley, Kevin J. Otto> ;Progress in Brain Research. 2011 Jan 1
- Constant RMS versus constant peak modulation for the perceptual equivalence of sinusoidal amplitude modulated signalsOliver B. Regele, Andrew S. Koivuniemi, Kevin J. Otto> ;Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual International Conference. 2013 Jul 3
- Join now to see all
- Franciscan Health Lafayette EastLafayette, Indiana
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: