Dr. Baliga is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3320 Skyway Dr
Opelika, AL 36801Phone(334) 737-2737Fax(334) 821-1043
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Bantwal Baliga is an endocrinologist in Opelika, AL and is affiliated with Central Alabama Veterans Health Care System. He received his medical degree from Kasturba Medical College Manipal and has been in practice 35 years. He also speaks multiple languages, including Hindi and Urdu. He specializes in diabetes and lipid metabolism and is experienced in metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus, obesity and obesity-related disorders, lipid metabolism disorders, and osteoporosis.
Education & Training
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1996 - 1998
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of MedicineFellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, 1995 - 1996
- Kasturba Medical College ManipalClass of 1982
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 2006 - 2022
- GA State Medical License 2005 - 2023
- NY State Medical License 2001 - 2006
- AR State Medical License 1997 - 2001
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Publications & Presentations
- 417 citationsAdvanced glycoxidation end products in commonly consumed foodsTeresia Goldberg, Weijing Cai, Melpomeni Peppa, Veronique Dardaine, Bantwal Suresh Baliga, Jaime Uribarri, Helen Vlassara> ;Journal of The American Dietetic Association. 2004 Aug 1
- 20 citationsHyperhomocysteinemia in type 2 diabetes mellitus: cardiovascular risk factors and effect of treatment with folic acid and pyridoxine.Bantwal Suresh Baliga, Tammy Reynolds, Louis M. Fink, Vivian Fonseca> ;Endocrine Practice. 2000 Nov 1
- Recent advances in the treatment of type II diabetes mellitus.Baliga, B. S., Fonseca, V. A.> ;Am Fam Physician. 1997 Feb 15
- Join now to see all
- Senseonics Announces the First Patient Implant of the Eversense E3 CGM System in the U.S.April 7th, 2022
- Bigfoot Clinic Hub™ Puts Critical Data at Fingertips of Health Care Professionals to Enable Proactive Care of Their Patient Populations with Type 1 and Type 2 DiabetesDecember 2nd, 2021
- Dietary Glycotoxins: Effect Of Low Age Diet On Turnover And Markers Of Vascu...National Center For Research Resources2004
- Hindi, Urdu
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: