Are you Dr. Chokshi?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 43 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office35 Kennedy Dr
Putnam, CT 06260Phone(860) 963-2133Fax(860) 963-8955
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Biren Chokshi, MD is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Putnam, Connecticut. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Connecticut and New York. He is affiliated with Day Kimball Hospital.
Education & Training
- NYU School of MedicineFellowship, Sports Medicine, 2002 - 2003
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical CenterResidency, Orthopedic Surgery, 1998 - 2002
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 1997 - 1998
- Rutgers-NJMSClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- CT State Medical License 2003 - 2022
- NY State Medical License 2002 - 2004
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, 2012
Publications & Presentations
- 2 citationsThe modified racking hitch(MRH) knot: a new sliding knot for arthroscopic surgery.Biren V. Chokshi, Charbel Ishak, Kazuho Iesaka, Laith M. Jazrawi, Frederic J Kummer, Jeffrey Rosen> ;Bulletin of the NYU hospital for joint diseases. 2007 Jan 1
- 14 citationsThe effect of arthroscopic suture passing instruments on rotator cuff damage and repair strength.Biren V. Chokshi, Erik N. Kubiak, Laith M. Jazrawi, Jonathan B. Ticker, Nigel Zheng, Frederick J. Kummer, Andrew S. Rokito> ;Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases. 2006 Jan 1
- Day Kimball HospitalPutnam, Connecticut