Dr. Littman is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office9711 Medical Center Dr
Rockville, MD 20850Phone(301) 424-1904
- Is this information wrong?
- As a board certified Reproductive Endocrinologist in Rockville, MD, I have been providing care to the Washington metropolitan community since 1987. As a solo practitioner, I have the ability to provide truly individualized care to my patients throughout the course of their infertility treatment. My patients are able to contact me directly for questions and emergencies and I am available on weekends and holidays to perform necessary infertility procedures, such as monitoring of drug treatment, intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
My treatment philosophy is to follow a step-wise approach, with basic testing followed by a personalized treatment regimen that is tailored to your individual situation. I personally perform all infertility tests and procedures for my patients, including ultrasound, hysterosalpingogram (HSG), intrauterine insemination (IUI), and egg retrieval and embryo transfer for in vitro fertilization (IVF). Most blood samples are obtained in the office, without requiring an additional visit to a laboratory. I also perform surgery with the specific goal of preserving and enhancing fertility, including laparoscopy and hysteroscopy.
The practice is certified to perform semen analysis and process sperm for IUI, utilizing sperm from the male partner or a sperm donor. All ancillary IVF services are available, including intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) to facilitate the fertilization of the egg, blastocyst culture, assisted hatching, preimplantation genetic diagnosis/screening (PGD/PGS), embryo cryopreservation (freezing) and testicular/epididymal sperm extraction (TESE) for men with no sperm in their ejaculate.
In addition to infertility, I also provide advanced care for patients with endometriosis, recurrent miscarriage, ovulatory and menstrual disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), primary ovarian insufficiency, ovarian and testicular failure, elevated prolactin, and menopause.
Education & Training
- National Institutes of Health Clinical CenterFellowship, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, 1981 - 1983
- Brown University Affiliated HospitalsResidency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1977 - 1981
- Georgetown University School of MedicineClass of 1977
Certifications & Licensure
- DC State Medical License 1997 - 2018
- MD State Medical License 1987 - 2022
- VA State Medical License 1987 - 2016
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Obstetrics & Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Top Doctors:Washington DC Area Castle Connolly, 2016
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
- Fellow (FACOG) American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Join now to see all
Publications & Presentations
- 6 citationsInduction of Ovulation in Primate ModelsDaniel Kenigsberg, Burt A. Littman, Gary D. Hodgen> ;Endocrine Reviews. 1986 Feb 1
- 1 citationsA comprehensive dose-response study of clomiphene citrate for enhancement of the primate ovarian/menstrual cycleBurt A. Littman, Gary D. Hodgen> ;Fertility and Sterility. 1985 Mar 1
- 26 citationsMedical hypophysectomy. I: Dose-response using a gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonistDaniel Kenigsberg, Burt A. Littman, Gary D. Hodgen> ;Fertility and Sterility. 1984 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterRockville, Maryland
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: