Dr. Heermann is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office600 17th Street, Suite 2800 South
Denver, CO 80202Phone(720) 515-1315
- Is this information wrong?
- Chanel Heermann, MD, is an integrative psychiatrist who founded SynerGenius to empower individuals to create health and happiness by developing harmony in their lives. Dr. Heermann helps people create a holistic recovery plan for their unique emotional challenges, using the best of conventional and alternative medicine.
Dr. Heermann received her medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center and went on to complete her psychiatry residency at the University of Arizona in Tucson. Dr. Heermann was one of the first 121 physicians in the world certified by the American Board of Integrative Medicine. Graduate of the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine's fellowship program, Dr. Heermann is board certified in both Psychiatry and Integrative-Holistic Medicine.
Dr. Heermann serves on the national faculty for the Center for Mind-Body Medicine, as guest faculty at the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, and on the faculty of Saybrook University's College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences.
Dr. Heermann an expert in women's mental health, with years of training and experience helping women in all stages of their lives. She has completed the Maternal Mental Health Professional Certificate Training through Postpartum Support International. Dr. Heermann also consults with the Nayacare postpartum home visit team to help pregnant and postpartum women optimize their mental health during this special time.
Dr. Heermann has extensive training in a variety of natural approaches, including the advanced nutrient therapies taught by the Walsh Research Institute, the effective use of multi-nutrient formulas (such as those offered by Truehope and others), and has completed training with the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), as well.
Dr. Heermann practices via secure videoconference in Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Nebraska.
Education & Training
- University of Arizona College of Medicine-TucsonResidency, Psychiatry, 2001 - 2005
- University of Nebraska College of MedicineClass of 2001
Certifications & Licensure
- SD State Medical License 2018 - 2023
- NM State Medical License 2017 - 2024
- WY State Medical License 2017 - 2022
- ND State Medical License 2013 - 2022
- AZ State Medical License 2010 - 2023
- NE State Medical License 2006 - 2022
- CO State Medical License 2005 - 2023
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Psychiatry
- National Board of Physicians and Surgeons Psychiatry
Publications & Presentations
- Mind-Body Medicine for Schizophrenia and Psychotic Disorders.Helgason, C.,Sarris, J.> ;Clin Schizophr Relat Psychoses. 2013 Oct 1
- Perinatal Depression: An Evidence-Based Review of Integrative TreatmentHeermann, C., Settle, J., Psychiatric Times, 11/30/2016
- Rural Moms Recovering from Addiction Struggle to Stay Connected During PandemicOctober 11th, 2020
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: