Dr. Alexander is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficePO Box 351
Gwynedd Valley, PA 19437Phone+1 215-582-1011
- Is this information wrong?
- Charles M. Alexander, MD, FACP, FACE is an endocrinologist who has more than 35 years of experience in diabetes – in both direct care and research. Since 2016, he has provided advisory services to pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Dr. Alexander retired from Merck in 2015 after nearly 25 years in both Outcomes Research and Medical Affairs. Prior to joining Merck, he practiced diabetes, endocrinology and internal medicine in Los Angeles for ten years and was Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California (KSOM/USC). Dr. Alexander has been a member of Penn Medicine’s Institute for Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism (IDOM) Leadership Council since 2016, and a medical advisor for diaTribe, the diaTribe Foundation, and Close Concerns since 2016. Dr. Alexander received his medical degree from KSOM/USC where he completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine and diabetes/endocrinology. Dr. Alexander is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology-Metabolism and is a Fellow of both the American College of Physicians and the American College of Endocrinology. He is the author of numerous scientific articles and a frequent reviewer for medical journals.
Education & Training
- University of Southern California School of MedicineClass of 1977
Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License 1994 - 2016
- CA State Medical License 1978 - 2020
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow American College of Physicians
- Fellow (FACE) American Association of Clinical Endocrinology
Publications & Presentations
- Pattern of recovery of thyroid hormone indices associated with treatment of diabetes mellitus.Alexander CM, Kaptein EM, Lum SM, Spencer CA, Kumar D, Nicoloff JT> ;The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism.
- 18 citationsRapid Increase in Both Plasma Fibronectin and Serum Triiodothyronine Associated with Treatment of Diabetic KetoacidosisR.I. Misbin, Charles M. Alexander, Steven M. C. Lum, J. Rhodes, C. Boarman, John T. Nicoloff, Dinesh Kumar> ;The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 1983 Feb 1
- 6 citationsOral triiodothyronine administration lowers plasma fibronectin levels in humansCharles M. Alexander, Steven M. C. Lum, C. Boarman, John T. Nicoloff, Dinesh Kumar> ;Metabolism-clinical and Experimental. 1984 Jul 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: