Are you Dr. Gkonos?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 66 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2300 Computer Rd
Willow Grove, PA 19090Phone+1 215-657-5200Fax+1 215-657-8083
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Peter Gkonos, MD is an endocrinologist in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Pennsylvania, Florida, and Ohio. He is affiliated with Abington Jefferson Health and Doylestown Hospital.
Education & Training
- Yale-New Haven Medical CenterFellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, 1981 - 1983
- George Washington UniversityResidency, Internal Medicine, 1978 - 1981
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson UniversityClass of 1978
Certifications & Licensure
- PA State Medical License 2000 - 2022
- FL State Medical License 1990 - 2002
- OH State Medical License 1984 - 1986
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Super Doctor SuperDoctors.com
Publications & Presentations
- 24 citationsType 1 vasoactive intestinal peptide receptor expression in PC3/AR cells is evidence of prostate epithelial differentiation.Peter J. Gkonos, Fang Guo, Kerry L. Burnstein> ;The Prostate. 2000 Feb 1
- 27 citationsExpression of rat thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) gene in TRH-producing tissues of transgenic mice requires sequences located in exon 1.Wayne Balkan, Marie A. Tavianini, Peter J. Gkonos, Bernard A. Roos> ;Endocrinology. 1998 Jan 1
- Combined octreotide and insulin therapy in acromegaly.Sandra L. Weber, Peter J. Gkonos, Jay S. Skyler> ;Endocrine Practice. 1997 Jan 1
- Join now to see all