Dr. Pelaez-Velez is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1455 Wirt Rd
Houston, TX 77055Phone(713) 468-4071Fax(713) 468-7354
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Cristina Pelaez-Velez is a pediatrician in Houston, TX and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Tampa General Hospital, and Texas Children's Hospital. She received her medical degree from Institute of Health Sciences Medellin Faculty of Medicine and has been in practice 19 years. She is experienced in patient-centered care and quality of health care.
Education & Training
- University of South Florida Morsani College of MedicineResidency, Pediatrics, 2002 - 2005
- University of Texas Health Science CenterInternship, Transitional Year, 2001 - 2002
- Institute of Health Sciences Medellin Faculty of MedicineClass of 1998
Certifications & Licensure
- TX State Medical License 2015 - 2023
- FL State Medical License 2005 - 2023
- American Board of Pediatrics Pediatrics
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FAAP) American Academy of Pediatrics
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsWork Experiences and Satisfaction of International Medical School Graduates.Shesha K. Katakam, Mary Pat Frintner, Cristina Pelaez-Velez, Rana Chakraborty> ;Pediatrics. 2019 Jan 1
- 7 citationsPreparing for Transition from Pediatric to Adult Care: Evaluation of a Physician Training Program.Janet Hess, Diane M. Straub, Jazmine S. Mateus, Cristina Pelaez-Velez> ;Advances in Pediatrics. 2015 Aug 1
- 2 citationsAssociation between medical home characteristics and staff professional experiences in pediatric practicesCaprice Knapp, Shourjo Chakravorty, Vanessa Madden, Jacqueline Baron-Lee, Ruth S. Gubernick, Steven Kairys, Cristina Pelaez-Velez, Lee M. Sanders, Lindsay A. Thompson> ;Archives of public health. 2014 Oct 20
- Join now to see all
- Texas Children's HospitalHouston, Texas
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: