Dr. Burns is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office41 Mall Rd
Burlington, MA 01805Phone(781) 744-8740Fax(781) 744-5669
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. David Burns is a gastroenterologist in Burlington, MA and is affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area, including Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, Burlington, Beverly Hospital, and Winchester Hospital. He received his medical degree from Boston University School of Medicine and has been in practice 27 years. He specializes in advanced endoscopic interventional.
Education & Training
- Lahey ClinicFellowship, Gastroenterology, 1994 - 1996
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1990 - 1993
- Boston University School of MedicineClass of 1990
Certifications & Licensure
- NH State Medical License 1996 - 2001
- MA State Medical License 1993 - 2024
- American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Fellow (FACG) American College of Gastroenterology
Publications & Presentations
- 11 citationsConservative management of small bowel perforation in Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV.Satya Allaparthi, Himanshu Verma, David L. Burns, Ann Marie Joyce> ;World Journal of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2013 Aug 16
- 53 citationsReversal of Parenteral Nutrition–Associated Liver Disease With a Fish Oil–Based Lipid Emulsion (Omegaven) in an Adult Dependent on Home Parenteral NutritionDavid L. Burns, Brian M. Gill> ;Journal of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. 2013 Mar 1
- 47 citationsMyocardial infarction caused by cardiac microvasculopathy in a patient with the primary antiphospholipid syndrome.Norman Kattwinkel, Andrew G. Villanueva, Sherif B. Labib, H. Thomas Aretz, Joseph W. Walek, David L. Burns, Jeffrey T. Klenz> ;Annals of Internal Medicine. 1992 Jun 15
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: