Dr. Kaplan is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office3400 Civic Center Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104Phone(215) 349-8222Fax(215) 349-5915
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- University of Pennsylvania Health SystemFellowship, Gastroenterology, 2001 - 2004
- Johns Hopkins UniversityResidency, Internal Medicine, 1997 - 2000
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical SchoolClass of 1997
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2003 - 2003
- PA State Medical License 2001 - 2022
- MD State Medical License 1999 - 2002
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
- American Board of Internal Medicine Transplant Hepatology
- PROSPECTIVE PILOT STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF RIFAXIMIN ON B-CELL DYSREGULATION IN CIRRHOSIS DUE TO CHRONIC HEPATITIS C INFECTION Start of enrollment: 2014 Jan 01Kaplan, D.E.
- Non-Invasive Prediction of Colorectal Neoplasia Start of enrollment: 2006 Aug 01Antaki, F.,Lieb, J.,Tobi, M.
Publications & Presentations
- Inpatient Gastroenterology Consultation and Outcomes of Cirrhosis-Related Hospitalizations in Two Large National Cohorts.Marina Serper, David E. Kaplan, Menghan Lin, Tamar H. Taddei, Neehar D. Parikh, Rachel M. Werner, Elliot B. Tapper> ;Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 2021 Aug 10
- Impact of SGLT2 inhibitors in comparison with DPP4 inhibitors on ascites and death in veterans with cirrhosis on metformin.Saad Saffo, David E. Kaplan, Nadim Mahmud, Marina Serper, Binu V. John, Joseph S. Ross, Tamar H. Taddei> ;Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism. 2021 Jul 28
- Identifying Patients at Highest Risk of Remaining Unvaccinated Against Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 in a Large Veterans Health Administration Cohort.Nadim Mahmud, Sara E Chapin, David E. Kaplan, Marina Serper> ;Liver Transplantation. 2021 Jul 22
- Join now to see all
- Racial Disparities in Nephrology Consultation and Disease Progression Among Veterans with CKD: An Observational Cohort StudyMarina Serper, David E Kaplan, Journal of the American Society of Nephrology
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: