Are you Dr. Karp?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 46 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office5922 Cattlemen Ln
Sarasota, FL 34232Phone(941) 371-9773Fax(941) 556-0341
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. David Karp, MD is a board certified orthopedic surgeon in Sarasota, Florida. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in Florida, Washington, and California. He is affiliated with Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, and Lakewood Ranch Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Albany Medical CenterResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1978 - 1982
- Albany Medical CenterInternship, Orthopaedic Surgery, 1977 - 1978
- Albany Medical CollegeClass of 1977
Certifications & Licensure
- WA State Medical License 2017 - 2022
- CA State Medical License 2001 - Present
- FL State Medical License 1986 - 2024
- NY State Medical License 1979 - 2015
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification AllMeds EHR, AllMeds, Inc., 2013-2014
Publications & Presentations
- Which transfers can we avoid: Multi-state analysis of factors associated with discharge home without procedure after ED to ED transfer for traumatic injury.Medford-Davis, L. N.,Holena, D. N.,Karp, D.,Kallan, M. J.,Delgado, M. K.> ;Am J Emerg Med. 2017 Oct 23
- UT Southwestern Lupus Study Shows Precision Medicine’s Potential to Define the Genetics of Autoimmune DiseaseMarch 18th, 2016