Dr. Whalen is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office200 Jefferson Ave Se
Grand Rapids, MI 49503Phone+1 616-752-6751
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Christiana Care Health ServicesResidency, Emergency Medicine, 2003 - 2006
- University of Michigan Medical SchoolClass of 2002
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2006 - 2025
- American Board of Emergency Medicine Emergency Medicine
Publications & Presentations
- 5 citationsLemierre's syndrome: A forgotten complication of acute pharyngitis.Lindsey Ouellette, Mariah Barnes, Matthew Flannigan, Erica Tavares, David Whalen, Jeffrey S. Jones> ;American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019 May 1
- 8 citationsPublic knowledge and perceptions about cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR): Results of a multicenter survey.Lindsey Ouellette, Amanda Puro, Michael Shaheen, Todd Chassee, David Whalen, Jeffrey S. Jones> ;American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2018 Feb 1
- 24 citationsImpact of rapid diagnostic testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea on appropriate antimicrobial utilization in the emergency department.Kaitlyn R. Rivard, Lisa E. Dumkow, Heather M. Draper, Kasey L. Brandt, David Whalen, Nnaemeka Egwuatu> ;Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 2017 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Michigan State Medical SocietyMember
- Kent County Medical SocietyPast President
- Mercy Health Saint Mary'sGrand Rapids, Michigan
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: