Dr. Shapiro is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
OfficeDepartment of Medicine, Elmhurst Hospital
Elmhurst, NY 11373Phone(718) 334-3444
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Mount Sinai School of MedicineFellowship, Rheumatology, 1990 - 1992
- Mount Sinai St. Luke's - West Hospital CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1987 - 1990
- Boston University Medical CenterInternship, General Surgery, 1986 - 1987
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern UniversityClass of 1986
Certifications & Licensure
- NJ State Medical License 2011 - 2019
- NY State Medical License 1987 - 2023
- ME State Medical License Active through 2013
- American Board of Internal Medicine Rheumatology
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsDevelopment of amyloidosis as an unrecognized side effect of gold therapy: comment on the article by Shapiro and Spiera.H. Michels, Reinhold P. Linke, Deborah L. Shapiro, Harry Spiera> ;Arthritis & Rheumatism. 1996 Nov 1
- 10 citationsRegression of the nephrotic syndrome in rheumatoid arthritis and amyloidosis treated with azathioprine. A case report.Deborah L. Shapiro, Harry Spiera> ;Arthritis & Rheumatism. 1995 Dec 1
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: