Dr. Zutshi is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4201 St Antoine
Detroit, MI 48201Phone(313) 745-4275Fax(313) 745-4468
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a board-certified neurologist with subspecialty boards completed in clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy. I am a current assistant professor of neurology at Wayne State University school of medicine, Detroit, Michigan. I have been at this position for the last six years and specialize in critical care Eeg, epilepsy monitoring unit and epilepsy surgeries.
I also have a strong clinical interest in women with epilepsy and I am director of the high-risk pregnancy and epilepsy clinic. My special interest is in minority groups, especially outcomes in African American women with epilepsy and pregnancy.
I have served in various administrative roles including current program director of the clinical neurophysiology fellowship and associate program director of the neurology residency.I am also part of several committees in the department and in the American Academy of Neurology and American Epilepsy Society national organizations.
Education & Training
- Emory UniversityFellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2011 - 2012
- Emory UniversityResidency, Neurology, 2008 - 2011
- Jackson Memorial Hospital - Jackson Health SystemInternship, Internal Medicine, 2007 - 2008
- University of Miami School of MedicineClass of 2007
Certifications & Licensure
- MI State Medical License 2013 - 2023
- GA State Medical License 2011 - 2012
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Epilepsy
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Kimford J. Meador Research in Women with Epilepsy My Epilepsy Story and American Epilepsy Society, 2019
Publications & Presentations
- Outcomes of seizures, status epilepticus, and EEG findings in critically ill patient with COVID-19.Omar A. Danoun, Andrew J. Zillgitt, Chloe E. Hill, Deepti Zutshi, David J. Harris, Gamaleldin Osman, Rohit Marawar, Subhendu Rath, Maryam J. Syed, Muhammad Affan, Lonn...> ;Epilepsy & Behavior. 2021 Mar 8
- Pregnant patient with extranodal CNS Rosai-Dorfman disease with new-onset seizures: the conundrum of differentiating disease progression from eclampsia.Katie Swor, Deepti Zutshi, Elizabeth Dubey, Bernard Gonik> ;Case Reports. 2021 Feb 1
- Reply from the authors: Myasthenic crises in COVID-19.Maryam J. Syed, Robert P. Lisak, Fadi Delly, Deepti Zutshi> ;Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 2020 Jul 27
- Join now to see all
- Popularity of First Southeast Michigan Epilepsy Education Consortium Promises Second Meeting This YearMarch 6th, 2016
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: