Dr. Delgado is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
See Dr. Delgado's full profile
Office1201 11th Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35205Phone+1 205-930-8310Fax+1 205-930-8275
- Is this information wrong?
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases. Worked as an ID clinician for 33 years in both Private and Academic sectors. Long standing interest in medical education which included working 19 years as Program Director for a university affiliated community Internal Medicine Residency program in Birmingham, Al.. Instituted the first general ID clinic at UAB Highlands Hospital. Partially retired from UAB in 2019.
Education & Training
- University of Alabama Medical CenterFellowship, Infectious Disease, 1977 - 1979
- University of Alabama Medical CenterResidency, Internal Medicine, 1974 - 1977
- University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of MedicineClass of 1974
Certifications & Licensure
- AL State Medical License 1975 - 2023
- FL State Medical License 1981 - 1985
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Infectious Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- AOA University of Miami School of Medicine, 1973
Publications & Presentations
- 14 citationsCryptococcal osteomyelitis: a report of 5 cases and a review of the recent literature.Leigh Ann Medaris, Brent A. Ponce, Zane Hyde, Dennis Delgado, David Ennis, William Lapidus, Matthew C. Larrison, Peter G. Pappas> ;Mycoses. 2016 Jun 1
- Concomitant cholecystoduodenal fistula and cholecystocholedochal fistula due to actinomyces.Samuel E. Bledsoe, Adrienne E. Oliver, Dennis G. Delgado, Raleigh B. Kent> ;American Surgeon. 2008 Feb 1
- Shelby Baptist Medical CenterAlabaster, Alabama
- St. Vincent's BirminghamBirmingham, Alabama
- UAB HighlandsBirmingham, Alabama
- University of Alabama HospitalBirmingham, Alabama
- East Alabama Medical CenterOpelika, Alabama
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: