Dr. Coplen is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1 Childrens Pl
Saint Louis, MO 63110Phone+1 314-454-6034Fax+1 314-454-2876
- Is this information wrong?
- I am a full-time pediatric urologist and director of the pediatric urology fellowship program at St. Louis Children’s hospital. Education of urology residents and instilling the importance of compassionate/quality care in trainees has always been my number one priority. My clinical emphasis is male genital reconstruction, including proximal hypospadias and exstrophy/epispadias complex. I am actively involved in the Fetal Care Center at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. My clinical research focuses on antenatal diagnosis and the postnatal evaluation and management of prenatally identified abnormalities.
Education & Training
- Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaFellowship, Pediatric Urology, 1992 - 1994
- Washington University/B-JH/SLCH ConsortiumResidency, Urology, 1987 - 1992
- Washington University/B-JH/SLCH ConsortiumResidency, Surgery, 1985 - 1987
- Indiana University School of MedicineClass of 1985, MD
Certifications & Licensure
- OK State Medical License 2020 - 2020
- IL State Medical License 2014 - 2023
- MO State Medical License 1994 - 2023
- PA State Medical License 1993 - 1994
- American Board of Urology Urology
- American Board of Urology Pediatric Urology
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly, 2006-2014
- America's Top Doctors for Cancer Castle Connolly, 2005-2013
- Top MD Consumers Checkbook
Publications & Presentations
- Diagnostic Code-Based Screening for Identifying Children with Primary Hyperoxaluria.Gregory Tasian, Kimberley Dickinson, John Karafilidis, Nicole Marchesani, Nuno Antunes, Hanieh Razzaghi, Levon Utidjian, Karyn Yonekawa, Doug Coplen, Samina Muneeruddi...> ;The Journal of urology. 2022 Oct 1
- Decisional regret about surgical and non-surgical issues after genitoplasty among caregivers of female infants with CAH.Rachel S. Fisher, Hannah C Espeleta, Laurence S. Baskin, Cindy L. Buchanan, Yee-Ming Chan, Earl Y. Cheng, Douglas E. Coplen, David A. Diamond, Natalie J. Nokoff, Blake...> ;Journal of Pediatric Urology. 2021 Oct 25
- Infantile scrotal hemangioma with transverse testicular ectopiaHaley Sherburne, Remi Hamel, Daniel I. Schlessinger, Douglas E. Coplen, Susan J. Bayliss> ;Pediatric Dermatology. 2021 Oct 14
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: