Dr. Mauricio is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office4500 San Pablo Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32224Phone(904) 953-2000
- Is this information wrong?
- Elizabeth Mauricio, M.D., is a neurologist at Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida who treats conditions such as peripheral neuropathy, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), hATTR amyloidosis, myopathy, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease). She performs electromyography (EMG), evoked potentials and transcranial magnetic stimulation and her clinical interests include neuromuscular disease, clinical neurophysiology, telemedicine and individualized medicine.
Dr. Mauricio did her undergraduate studies at Villanova University and attended medical school at New York Medical College. She completed her preliminary year in internal medicine at Greenwich Hospital in Connecticut before moving south. She completed her neurology residency and clinical neurophysiology fellowship at Mayo Clinic Hospital in Jacksonville, where she currently serves as vice chair of outpatient practice for the Department of Neurology.
Dr. Mauricio is the Program Director for the Adult Neurology Residency Program at Mayo Clinic in Florida. In addition, she has been engaged in clinical research in ALS and hereditary ATTR amyloidosis.
Education & Training
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical EducationFellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology, 2012 - 2013
- Mayo Clinic JacksonvilleResidency, Neurology, 2009 - 2012
- Greenwich HospitalInternship, Internal Medicine, 2008 - 2009
- New York Medical CollegeClass of 2008
Certifications & Licensure
- SC State Medical License 2018 - 2023
- MN State Medical License 2018 - 2022
- IA State Medical License 2018 - 2022
- MO State Medical License 2018 - 2021
- WI State Medical License 2018 - 2021
- AZ State Medical License 2018 - 2022
- GA State Medical License 2013 - 2022
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic MedicineElectrodiagnostic Medicine
- Join now to see all
- Clinical Trial of Ezogabine (Retigabine) in ALS Subjects Start of enrollment: 2015 Jun 01Brian Wainger, MD, PhD
- Expanded Access Protocol of Patisiran for Patients With Hereditary ATTR Amyloidosis (hATTR) Sunita Goyal, MD
Publications & Presentations
- Cortical excitability threshold can be increased by the AMPA blocker Perampanel in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.Bjorn Oskarsson, Elizabeth A. Mauricio, Jaimin S. Shah, Zhuo Li, Michael A. Rogawski> ;Muscle & Nerve. 2021 May 19
- 1 citationsLong-term safety and efficacy of patisiran for hereditary transthyretin-mediated amyloidosis with polyneuropathy: 12-month results of an open-label extension study.David Adams, Michael Polydefkis, Alejandra Gonzalez-Duarte, Jonas Wixner, Arnt V. Kristen, Hartmut Schmidt, John L. Berk, Inés Asunción Losada López, Angela Dispenzier...> ;Lancet Neurology. 2021 Jan 1
- 1 citationsEffect of Ezogabine on Cortical and Spinal Motor Neuron Excitability in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A Randomized Clinical TrialBrian J. Wainger, Eric A. Macklin, Steve Vucic, Courtney E. McIlduff, Sabrina Paganoni, Nicholas J. Maragakis, Richard Bedlack, Namita Goyal, Seward B. Rutkove, Dale J...> ;JAMA Neurology. 2021 Feb 1
- Join now to see all
- Effect of Ezogabine on Cortical and Spinal Motor Neuron Excitability in Amyotrophic Lateral SclerosisBrian J Wainger, Nicholas J Maragakis, Richard Bedlack, Namita A Goyal, Seward B Rutkove, Michael H Rivner, Stephen A Goutman, Shafeeq S Ladha, Elizabeth A Mauricio, R..., JAMA Neurology
- Mayo Clinic Hospital in FloridaJacksonville, Florida
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: