Are you Dr. Carlson?
Join over one million U.S. Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and PAs, already on Doximity.
- Connect with colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
You already have 35 invites waiting!
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office26 Research Way
East Setauket, NY 11733Phone(631) 444-0580
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Harold Carlson, MD is an endocrinologist in East Setauket, New York. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in New York and California. He is affiliated with Stony Brook University Hospital and Northport Veterans Affairs Medical Center.
Education & Training
- Washington University in St. Louis School of MedicineResidency, Psychiatry, 1969 - 1970
- Washington University in St. Louis School of MedicineInternship, Transitional Year, 1968 - 1969
- Weill Cornell MedicineClass of 1968
- Washington University in St. Louis School of MedicineFellowship, Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
Certifications & Licensure
- NY State Medical License 1985 - 2022
- CA State Medical License 1973 - Present
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- Newsday - Top Doctors on Long Island Castle Connolly, 2010-2014
- Top Doctors: New York Metro Area Castle Connolly, 2005-2014
Publications & Presentations
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: epidemiologic assessment of prevalence of systemic rheumatic and autoimmune diseasesSaika Sharmeen, Hafsa Nomani, Erin Taub, Harold E. Carlson, Qingping Yao> ;Clinical Rheumatology. 2021 Jul 3
- 46 citationsGynaecomastia—pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatmentHarmeet S. Narula, Harold E. Carlson> ;Nature Reviews Endocrinology. 2014 Nov 1
- 60 citationsOsteoporosis and fracture risk in people with schizophreniaTaishiro Kishimoto, Marc De Hert, Harold E. Carlson, Peter Manu, Christoph U. Correll> ;Current Opinion in Psychiatry. 2012 Sep 1
- Join now to see all
- Editorial: Antidepressants to the Rescue in Severe Mood Dysregulation (SMD) and Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD)?June 1st, 2019
- Behavior Modification Reduces Psychotropic Medication Use in Inpatient Children with Aggression: A Retrospective Cohort StudyAugust 4th, 2019