Dr. Whitson is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over a million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office10 Duke Medicine Cir
Durham, NC 27710Phone(919) 684-8111
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Duke University HospitalFellowship, Geriatric Medicine, 2003 - 2004
- Duke University HospitalResidency, Internal Medicine, 2000 - 2003
- Weill Cornell MedicineClass of 2000
Certifications & Licensure
- NC State Medical License 2000 - 2021
- American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Geriatric Medicine
- The Cognitive Resilience Study Start of enrollment: 2017 Feb 27Heather Whitson, MD, MHS
- Cognitive Changes and Brain Connectivity in Age-Related Macular Degeneration Start of enrollment: 2014 Apr 01Whitson, H.E.
- Novel Retinal Imaging Biomarkers in Early Alzheimer's Disease Start of enrollment: 2013 Sep 01Whitson, H.E.
- Physical Resilience: Indicators and Mechanisms in the Elderly (PRIME) Collaborative Phase 2 Cathleen Colon-Emeric, MD and Heather E Whitson, MD
Publications & Presentations
- Succeeding in Aging Research During the Pandemic: Strategies for Fellows and Junior Faculty.Andrew B. Cohen, Anna L. Parks, Heather E. Whitson, Susan J. Zieman, Cynthia J. Brown, Cynthia M. Boyd, Kenneth E. Covinsky, Michael A. Steinman> ;Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2021 Jan 1
- Relationship Between Depression/Anxiety and Cognitive Function Before and 6 Weeks After Major Non-Cardiac Surgery in Older Adults.Deborah Oyeyemi, Mary Cooter, Stacey Chung, Heather E. Whitson, Jeffrey N. Browndyke, Michael J. Devinney, Patrick Smith, Grant E. Garrigues, Eugene W. Moretti, Judd W...> ;Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology. 2020 Dec 30
- Patient-Reported Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health and Estimated Risk of Hospitalization in High-Risk Veterans Affairs PatientsDonna M. Zulman, Matthew L. Maciejewski, Janet M. Grubber, Hollis J. Weidenbacher, Dan V. Blalock, Leah L. Zullig, Liberty Greene, Heather E. Whitson, Susan N. Hasting...> ;JAMA network open. 2020 Oct 1
- Join now to see all
- American Geriatrics Society and National Institute on Aging Bench‐to‐Bedside Conference: Sensory Impairment and Cognitive Decline in Older AdultsKristine Yaffe, Heather E Whitson, Frank R Lin, Journal of the American Geriatrics Society
- Assessing Feasibility of a Focused Geriatric Assessment in Older Adults with Sickle Cell Disease to Address Functional Risk Factors for Morbidity and MortalityClinical...Heather Whitson, 61st Annual American Society of Hematology Meeting, Orlando, FL, 12/9/2019
- Managing multiple comorbiditiesWhitson HE, Boyd CM
UpToDate, Wolters Kluwer Health - 2012-10-04
- Prevent Blindness to Hold 8th Annual Focus on Eye Health National SummitApril 29th, 2019
- Panelists Explore What’s Missing from MedicareDecember 17th, 2018
- Center for Vision and Population Health at Prevent Blindness Established to Implement Strategies to Address Eye HealthDecember 7th, 2018
- Join now to see all
- Developing Interventions To Improve Function In Seniors With Comorbid ConditionsNational Institute On Aging2008–2011
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: