Dr. Dempsey is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office2331 Franklin Rd SW
Roanoke, VA 24014
- Is this information wrong?
- Dr. Ian Dempsey is an orthopedic surgeon in Roanoke, VA. He received his medical degree from Albany Medical College. He then went on to University of Virginia to complete his residency in orthopaedic surgery. He received his fellowship training in sports medicine and shoulder surgery at Rush University Medical Center. He has been in practice 9 years. He specializes in orthopedic sports medicine and shoulder surgery. He has more than 10 publications and over 150 citings.
Education & Training
- University of Virginia Medical CenterResidency, Orthopaedic Surgery, 2013 - 2018
- Albany Medical CollegeClass of 2013
Certifications & Licensure
- VA State Medical License 2021 - 2024
- OH State Medical License 2019 - 2023
- IL State Medical License 2018 - 2023
- IN State Medical License 2018 - 2019
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Orthopaedic Surgery
Publications & Presentations
- 1 citationsInterobserver Reliability and Change in the Sagittal Tibial Tubercle–Trochlear Groove Distance with Increasing Knee Flexion AnglesIan S. MacLean, Taylor M. Southworth, Ian J. Dempsey, Neal B. Naveen, Hailey P. Huddleston, Drew A. Lansdown, Adam B. Yanke> ;Journal of Knee Surgery. 2021 May 1
- 1 citationsThe Effect of Acromioplasty on the Critical Shoulder Angle and Acromial Index.Ian S. MacLean, Anirudh K. Gowd, Brian R. Waterman, Ian J. Dempsey, Bernard R. Bach, Brian J. Cole, Anthony A. Romeo, Nikhil N. Verma> ;Arthroscopy, sports medicine, and rehabilitation. 2020 Sep 30
- 1 citationsTrends and impact of three-dimensional preoperative imaging for anatomic total shoulder arthroplasty:Jourdan M. Cancienne, Ian J. Dempsey, Grant E. Garrigues, Brian J. Cole, Stephen F. Brockmeier, Brian C. Werner> ;Shoulder & Elbow. 2021 Aug 1
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: