Dr. Wittstein is on Doximity
As a Doximity member you'll join over two million verified healthcare professionals in a private, secure network.
- Connect with other colleagues in the same hospital or clinic
- Search all U.S. specialist profiles and refer a patient
- Read the latest clinical news and earn CME/CEU credits
Office1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower, Suite 7125T
Baltimore, MD 21287Phone(443) 997-0270Fax(410) 367-2224
- Is this information wrong?
Education & Training
- Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineFellowship, Cardiovascular Disease, 1994 - 1999
- Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineResidency, Internal Medicine, 1990 - 1993
- Johns Hopkins University School of MedicineClass of 1990
Certifications & Licensure
- MD State Medical License 1993 - 2023
- American Board of Internal Medicine Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
Awards, Honors, & Recognition
- CMS Meaningful Use Stage 1 Certification EpicCare Ambulatory EMR, Epic Systems Corporation, 2013-2014
- Investigation in Pregnancy Associate Cardiomyopathy Start of enrollment: 2009 Oct 01
Publications & Presentations
- Why Sex Matters in Takotsubo Syndrome.Ilan S Wittstein> ;Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2022 May 31
- 3 citationsEndothelial Stromal PD-L1 (Programmed Death Ligand 1) Modulates CD8+ T-Cell Infiltration After Heart TransplantationWilliam Bracamonte-Baran, Nisha A. Gilotra, Taejoon Won, Katrina Rodriguez, Monica V. Talor, Byoung Chol Oh, Jan M. Griffin, Ilan S. Wittstein, Kavita Sharma, John Ski...> ;Circulation-heart Failure. 2021 Sep 24
- 5 citationsTakotsubo Syndrome in Coronavirus Disease 2019.Christian Templin, Robert Manka, Victoria L. Cammann, Konrad A. Szawan, Alexander Gotschy, Mihály Károlyi, Stephan Winnik, Holger Moch, Philippe Meyer, Antonella Moreo...> ;American Journal of Cardiology. 2021 Jan 1
- Join now to see all
- Endothelial PD-L1 Expression as a Biomarker for Acute Rejection in Heart TransplantationNisha A Gilotra, Ilan S Wittstein, Journal of Cardiac Failure
- Endothelial PD-L1 Expression as a Biomarker for Acute Rejection in Heart TransplantationAugust 2018
- The ‘Maternal Bereavement Effect’ Explains Why so Many Parents Die After Their ChildrenDecember 30th, 2016
- After Debbie Reynolds' Death, Some Ask: Can You Die of A Broken Heart?December 29th, 2016
- This Woman's Heart Actually 'Broke' After Her Dog Died. Here's How It HappenedOctober 20th, 2017
- Join now to see all
Viewing the full profile is available to verified healthcare professionals only.
Find your profile and take control of your online presence: